• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chap 243vrx engine codes

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey all;

I was out running around today and got some warnings on my display. Anyone know what the codes may mean? I know the first two are for standard maintenance but these two new ones below for the starboard engine have me nervous. Boat ran fine, without issues.

Attachments

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So it appears to have something to do with a voltage sensor and the O2 sensor. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Forunately BRP uses standard codes which makes them easy to understand. Unfortunately we have seen a lot O2 sensor codes this summer. Most seem to be waiting to fix this instead of taking their boats off of the water.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So it appears to have something to do with a voltage sensor and the O2 sensor. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Replace the O2 sensor or (cheap shot warning) buy a boat with Yamaha engines .

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Replace the O2 sensor or (cheap shot warning) buy a boat with Yamaha engines .
Haha, I'm surprised it's bad with only 28 hours on it. I sent off a message to chap and my dealer so we shall see what happens next. At least I know I can still use it while we work out a fix. Thank you!

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here we go again! 71 hours on my engines and for the third time I am getting engine error codes regarding the sensors. First time they replaced the entire assemblies, I just got it back after being in the shop for 7 weeks, took it out last night and within 25 minutes the codes were back. I've hired an attorney to go after brp and I'm fed up with paying for a boat, and boat storage, while it sits in the shop. Beyond frustrated.