• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

chaparral 2430 vrx wonder how these boats hold up

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Im thinking about buying one to use here on the west coast of Florida in the Saint James City area on
Pine Island. Just want to use it to go to the different islands in that area. Might fish a little off the back.
I wonder how are the engines holding up in the boats and is it easy to get service for them in the
Saint James City area on Pine Island, Fla Looks like it might be a good boat for the shallow water
around there.
I wonder how you get to the flush out port on the back if its on a lift????

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They look like a quality built boat. Fish Tale Sales on 41 in Ft. Myers sells them. The folks at Fish Tale are awesome too, I purchased two boats from them when they were ob Ft Myers Beach, I believe they are the #1 Grady White dealer in the country for customer service.

I'm also researching jet boats for our area. I'm waiting until fall to see if there is anything new for 2019. The Chaparral and Scarab have Rotax engines which have a closed loop fresh water system which is good for salt. Yamaha does not but they still make a great motor!!!

Maybe we'll run into you by boat at Woody's or Low Key Tiki!

Last edited:

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wonder how the mpg on this boat compares to a outboard. I see they carry only 52 gallons. Wonder what the range would be running say 25mph in
the bay smooth. I see scarab is making a 25ft now. Wonder if Chapparal will make a 25ft now.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
As far as the flush port, Rotax sell as an accessories an external flush port that your dealer can install.
If I'm not mistaking it would be #461478.
That would make engine flush much easier when boat is on a lift.

Peter Lukasavage

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
As far as the flush port, Rotax sell as an accessories an external flush port that your dealer can install.

Lunarvrx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I made up the external flush port device with locally available parts. Also a special set of water hoses c/w a shut off valve so I can do the motor on hose on water off motor off trick single handed. (my communications skills with my spouse being what it is - LOL) I expect the question about how to do it when on a lift is: How do you get a working water hose and the air compressor hose to it and attach same?. I always do it with my boat on the trailer parked in the driveway near the hose and air compressor. On a lift above the water would be a special challenge - may need to trailer it.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I made up the external flush port device with locally available parts. Also a special set of water hoses c/w a shut off valve so I can do the motor on hose on water off motor off trick single handed. (my communications skills with my spouse being what it is - LOL) I expect the question about how to do it when on a lift is: How do you get a working water hose and the air compressor hose to it and attach same?. I always do it with my boat on the trailer parked in the driveway near the hose and air compressor. On a lift above the water would be a special challenge - may need to trailer it.
Not sure what you're trying to do. When the boat is on a boat lift, it is difficult to reach over the swim platform to screw a garden hose into the flush port. Chaparral sells a remote flush kit to attach to the flush hoses so your new flush port will be more accessible.

If your boat is on a trailer there is not need for this kit as the flush ports are readily accessible.

Blowing out the water with air can be used to store the boat or when not going to be used for long periods of time.

Keep in mind, flushing should be performed after each use (when used in salt water) for 2 minutes max. After the engine(s) sit for 5 minutes, it's a good practice to restart the engine(s) again for 5 seconds. This helps expel remaining water from the exhaust (similar to what an air compressor would do). This should be done regardless of if the boat is on a lift or a trailer. :thumbsup:

Robert Preater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Im thinking about buying one to use here on the west coast of Florida in the Saint James City area on
Pine Island. Just want to use it to go to the different islands in that area. Might fish a little off the back.
I wonder how are the engines holding up in the boats and is it easy to get service for them in the
Saint James City area on Pine Island, Fla Looks like it might be a good boat for the shallow water
around there.
I wonder how you get to the flush out port on the back if its on a lift????
I bought a 2015 22' VRX. Here is my experience which I will try to keep as short as possible. In general found the boat well built, it handled very nicely . Now for the bad news. After a couple of years (in NJ) the oxygen sensors kept failing. Not wanting to see the idiot light on instrument cluster flashing I replace maybe (6) of these in my 5 years of ownership (they did not affect operation of the boat-just annoyed me). Last summer my starboard engine started pumping oil into the coolant. After three month of waiting for my boat to be repaired I go it back only to have the port engine start pumping oil in to my bilge (within 3 running hours of getting it back). My Chaparral dealer fixed the first engine under warranty and refused to fix the second engine as they had "lost a lot of money" on the first repair. I can only tell you I traded my boat in on a center console this winter. Yamaha dealers say Rotax engines don't hold up. Chaparral deals say Yamaha jet engines don't hold up. At this point I'm inclined to believe both of them.