• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston Power Sports

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I dropped my boat at Charleston Power Sports today as the YES warranty expires in 2 months so I wanted them to give it one last going through before it expires. I'm going to let them do the annual service on it while they are going through it. I know I can do it cheaper myself but since I wanted them to go thoroughly through the boat I'm letting them do it. I have spoke to them several times on the phone and they have always been helpful and friendly unlike my local dealership this is why I decided to tow it the extra 2 hours to them plus I had business in Charleston today so I was going to be there anyway. Last year I let my local dealer do service on my skis as I knew I was taking them to Bimini and wanted a repair done to one that I did not have the tools to preform and figured they may as well go though the second one. I dropped them off in the beginning of March got the one that only needed normal service back in April and the other I didn't get back till almost May. So I was truly surprised when I dropped the boat off today that the very friendly lady that assisted me told me they should have the boat ready before the end of the week as long as they do not need to order anything. I think my jaw even dropped when she said this as my local dealer has an average turn around time of 4-6 weeks for just about anything. So far they have been super easy to deal with will give a full update once I have the boat back but if anyone is looking for a dealer who will get you set up in a timely manner these guys may be it.

mb300sd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought my 09 AR230 from these guys. Very friendly and great people to work with, even when you're trying to bring up every possible issue with the boat to get a lower price.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 how did the service go?
It actually went very well I got my boat back in 2 days from dropping it off to give a comparison I dropped my ski off at my local dealer in the spring I think they had it 3-4 weeks before I got it back. The were $200 less then my local dealer for the same service as well.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They had my neighbor's SeaDoo 21 for the impeller job for about 4 weeks. He was less than happy with their service department's follow-through. I'm sure if you brought it in around November, it'd get done quicker though.