• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chartplotter and Imaging

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, mine required an SD card to get the unit functioning even though it was pre-loaded with the lakes maps.

You can buy maps on the Garmin Active Captain app, but they are pretty spendy. I recommend pricing pre-loaded units vs. buying the unit and the maps. Also some good YouTube videos out there about the different map version available.

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! I have the Garmin map (SD Card) that I need from the boat that I sold last year. I just wasn’t sure if that model accepted SD cards.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a question for you fine gentleman. I plan on going to many foreign waterways this summer so I definitely need something. But I don't fish/plan to fish at all so with that in mind what do you think would be my best option? Nor do the lakes have good cell service or I would just use navionics, don't really want to drop a bunch of money just not run aground....lol
@Crob83 I'll have an almost new Garmin 63cv for sale in about a week (have to get the mounting bracket off my boat that's in storage) for a good price. Message me if you want details.

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@WiskyDan did you install your Garmin 73sv yet? I haven’t seen one in a 24 footer yet. Mine is back ordered at the moment and I’m almost thinking of going to the 93. Just not sure if I want that big thing blocking my view. I’m sure it’s a lot nicer when your actually using it though.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@906Tony It’s being installed this week, I should have it back on Saturday. I would have loved the larger 93sv in just not sure it would have fit on the right side of the helm.

Here are some photos of the RAM mount mocked up where it will be going:

F3214D3F-4ED4-4494-8996-E3A535CB6D5C.jpeg

791AFD53-7576-42A1-966A-EDA712B1AD8D.jpeg

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@906Tony It’s being installed this week, I should have it back on Saturday. I would have loved the larger 93sv in just not sure it would have fit on the right side of the helm.

Here are some photos of the RAM mount mocked up where it will be going:

View attachment 147833

View attachment 147834
Kind of the same decision that I was going with. I really wanted the right side of helm, but wanted the 9" screen so I wouldn't have to keep grabbing my reading glasses. Didn't want it to block my view of the connext and not block view much out the window. Also wanted it to swivel all the way around. I didn't make mine a permanent so I could easily move it needed. I may have to test fit it a few different places when actually out on the water. Hard to tell when not actually on the water for me.

I really like your mount. Can you link where you got it from? I just used the Medium arm RAM mount.

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2016 242 looking to get an Axion 7 or Garmin 73v chartplotter. I don't need a transducer/fishfinder. (Lake and coastal boating)
What mount do you recommend ?
- I like Ram mount fixed next to the speed control/low wake mode buttons as I'm hesitant to mount on top of the dash and block my view like above by WiskyDan.
I also like swatski's 5' dragon fly and his mount - maybe just looking for a 7inch screen - but relatively simply and out of the way. Any suggestions before pulling the trigger.
Any further suggestions are super appreciated

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2016 242 looking to get an Axion 7 or Garmin 73v chartplotter. I don't need a transducer/fishfinder. (Lake and coastal boating)
What mount do you recommend ?
- I like Ram mount fixed next to the speed control/low wake mode buttons as I'm hesitant to mount on top of the dash and block my view like above by WiskyDan.
I also like swatski's 5' dragon fly and his mount - maybe just looking for a 7inch screen - but relatively simply and out of the way. Any suggestions before pulling the trigger.
Any further suggestions are super appreciated
I plan to use seasucker mounts, take a peek at those