• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check Engine Light - No Fault Code

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2014 215HO with 200's.

I'm getting a Low Battery Warning on start up followed by a check engine light for both engines. Here's additional details of what's happening:
- No Fault Code is produced.
- Engines continue to run like a champ, light on or not.
- The battery is new and I just had it on charge overnight. It starts the engines without a problem.
- None of the terminals have any sign of corrosion.
- I did install a 2nd battery, however I start the boat with the switch isolated to the one starter battery that is new and fully charged. After starting both engines, I switch to 1&2 and the low voltage light goes away, however the check engine light stays.

Any thoughts on why I'm getting Low Voltage warnings on start up with a new battery? I followed Scarab Mike's instructions on the dual battery addition, and the fact I leave the switch isolated to one new battery and I'm still having the issue leads me to believe that's not the problem.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/scarab-add-a-battery-modification.3135/#post-85751

Or thoughts on why Check Engine without fault code? I'm reading thru the service manual and it seems to suggest a check engine light could be due to bad O2 Sensors, however I wonder if they're only reading bad due to low voltage on start up which is why the engines seem to go on as normal.

Thanks all for your thoughts!

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
O2 sensors should throw codes. You can read the codes on your instrument cluster when you first turn the ignition on. I can't remember the sequence of button pushes, but you can toggle through them with the adjust switch when you see the fault code. The low battery voltage will throw a code as well. I would double check electrical connections again. I overlooked a bad connection that gave me starting problems and codes. I can't speak to the dual battery setup.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/solved-port-wont-start-error-codes-0201-0202-0203-1030.22804/

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Reading Fault Codes Using the Information Center
NOTE: Only active faults will be displayed.
1. Press the MODE button repeatedly until the FAULT CODE function is visible in the multi- function display.
NOTE: The fault code menu will only be available when active faults are present in the ECM.
2. Press the SET button or the UP or DOWN arrow button to enter the function and display the first fault code.
3. Press the UP or DOWN arrow button repeat- edly to display each subsequent code

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Reading Fault Codes Using the Information Center
NOTE: Only active faults will be displayed.
1. Press the MODE button repeatedly until the FAULT CODE function is visible in the multi- function display.
NOTE: The fault code menu will only be available when active faults are present in the ECM.
2. Press the SET button or the UP or DOWN arrow button to enter the function and display the first fault code.
3. Press the UP or DOWN arrow button repeat- edly to display each subsequent code
Thanks Pogo. First thing I did was follow the directions as provided in the Rotax Service manual, but pressing the MODE button repeatedly never brings up the Fault Code function, leading me to believe it's not throwing a code. Or is it a feature missing from the 2014 model? Who knows.

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure if anyone is actually following this, but just in case someone else searches or finds this problem themselves...

I found the source of my low voltage warning on start-up. I swapped battery locations out of convenience one day, placing my starter battery on the far side of the boat vs. my deep cell battery placed in the original position near the battery switch in the engine compartment. 800 cranking amps and 10' of 6awg wire just wasn't allowing enough current to push thru driving the low voltage warnings. Swapped spots back to normal, no more low voltage warning.

Also, check engine light is gone... Win win right? Sort of... The display still warns me of a check engine, for both engines. But now as I mentioned, there's no light and still no way to read the code (Using the method described in the manual). It's still like it throws a code then immediately disappears. Odd. Still looking for any thoughts on that...

Lee Weismiller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
2014 215HO with 200's.

I'm getting a Low Battery Warning on start up followed by a check engine light for both engines. Here's additional details of what's happening:
- No Fault Code is produced.
- Engines continue to run like a champ, light on or not.
- The battery is new and I just had it on charge overnight. It starts the engines without a problem.
- None of the terminals have any sign of corrosion.
- I did install a 2nd battery, however I start the boat with the switch isolated to the one starter battery that is new and fully charged. After starting both engines, I switch to 1&2 and the low voltage light goes away, however the check engine light stays.

Any thoughts on why I'm getting Low Voltage warnings on start up with a new battery? I followed Scarab Mike's instructions on the dual battery addition, and the fact I leave the switch isolated to one new battery and I'm still having the issue leads me to believe that's not the problem.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/scarab-add-a-battery-modification.3135/#post-85751

Or thoughts on why Check Engine without fault code? I'm reading thru the service manual and it seems to suggest a check engine light could be due to bad O2 Sensors, however I wonder if they're only reading bad due to low voltage on start up which is why the engines seem to go on as normal.

Thanks all for your thoughts!
I am also now going through this, I just put dual batteries in and now get the engine check light?? Engines run fine no problems, will this do any damage to them?

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am also now going through this, I just put dual batteries in and now get the engine check light?? Engines run fine no problems, will this do any damage to them?
Lee check my post just above yours (Post #5). I've not had a problem since I swapped battery locations.