• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check your Cleats......

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
2014 Scarab 195HOI Serial # PSBSB152A414
76 hours
Tell Scarab they owe me......:D
Bare with me as I will be out of the office until Friday.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
This isn't supposed to happen. I contacted Scarab on this and said for me to tell you to bring it to your dealer for assessment. Those don't just get glued in. SMH.
Sent Email to REC Boats and called them today and spoke to warranty Dept, They are kindly sending a new cleat with nuts and said to use 3M5200 and it will cover the gel coat and be good as new lol. I give up....I will get it repaired the correct way as I intended and be done with these people.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sent Email to REC Boats and called them today and spoke to warranty Dept, They are kindly sending a new cleat with nuts and said to use 3M5200 and it will cover the gel coat and be good as new lol. I give up....I will get it repaired the correct way as I intended and be done with these people.
How about the bolts for the other cleats?
Inspect once, make them repair once-

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you ask them if you need the nuts or of 5200 will be sufficient?

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
How about the bolts for the other cleats?
Inspect once, make them repair once-
They are sending me just the damaged one. I will take care of the rest I guess, Boat is out of warranty.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Did you ask them if you need the nuts or of 5200 will be sufficient?
You need the nuts, they said no way they were never there. All must have vibrated off. Check the boat is what i was told lol.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
God forbid, "5200 is enough"!!!
I guess its used more to seal out water and help bond. I would prefer not to use it and watch the cleats get lose instead of being falsely secured.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
5200 is an adhesive used on things you never ever plan to remove. 4200 is much better for sealant.

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You need the nuts, they said no way they were never there. All must have vibrated off. Check the boat is what i was told lol.
Maybe add a little blue loctite when you install the replacement.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Elio195,...(Since I have been really trying to go out of my way for Scarab owners with certain issues) I want to be clear here for you and everyone who reads these posts. I looked into this personally for you. First of all, it is unfortunate that had happened---things happen. Secondly, please don't get mad and bash Scarab here on-line since they just helped you. When I say they helped you, they gave you a new CLEAT ASSEMBLY for FREE. Your additional "Extended Warranty" that was given to you for FREE was over last month and they graciously sent you this cleat for FREE to help you. As for the 5200,...that is only to be used as a sealant on the back side of the cleat marginally before you install the cleat properly by tightening the NUTS and WASHERS on the inside of the hull. The 5200 is not for installing purposes for strength (not for pulling on anyway). You can actually just use a clear silicone sealant as well from Home Depot. I hope that you just misunderstood SCARAB and explained yourself incorrectly up above in your post--Hence the reason for my post here.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ron@Scarab, would your shop use 5200 Adhesive as a sealant when installing cleats?

@Elio195HOI has a good point that the 5200 will give a false impression of a properly secured cleat after the nuts fall off. Which we all know can happen.

I believe the Yamaha cleats either have a rubber seal or no seal at all. I would install the new cleat with at most a little 4200 for a seal and definitely with thread sealant on the nuts.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Ron@Scarab, would your shop use 5200 Adhesive as a sealant when installing cleats?

@Elio195HOI has a good point that the 5200 will give a false impression of a properly secured cleat after the nuts fall off. Which we all know can happen.

I believe the Yamaha cleats either have a rubber seal or no seal at all. I would install the new cleat with at most a little 4200 for a seal and definitely with thread sealant on the nuts.

As I mentioned in my last post, you can use it but 5200 is white which wont look good around the cleat on a black boat IMO. The purpose of the sealant is to keep out water, so any clear silicone sealant will work and look nicer. If Scarab used 5200 from the beginning, so be it and use that. USE LOCTITE ON THE STUDS When you install the nuts and washers. It will never happen again.

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
As I mentioned in my last post, you can use it but 5200 is white which wont look good around the cleat on a black boat IMO.
5200 comes in black as well as white. If you're simply trying to seal out water, then you don't need an "adhesive sealant", you can use marine silicone (many different manufacturers).

black 5200.jpg

Sealants-6.jpg

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
CQQL!

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Elio195,...(Since I have been really trying to go out of my way for Scarab owners with certain issues) I want to be clear here for you and everyone who reads these posts. I looked into this personally for you. First of all, it is unfortunate that had happened---things happen. Secondly, please don't get mad and bash Scarab here on-line since they just helped you. When I say they helped you, they gave you a new CLEAT ASSEMBLY for FREE. Your additional "Extended Warranty" that was given to you for FREE was over last month and they graciously sent you this cleat for FREE to help you. As for the 5200,...that is only to be used as a sealant on the back side of the cleat marginally before you install the cleat properly by tightening the NUTS and WASHERS on the inside of the hull. The 5200 is not for installing purposes for strength (not for pulling on anyway). You can actually just use a clear silicone sealant as well from Home Depot. I hope that you just misunderstood SCARAB and explained yourself incorrectly up above in your post--Hence the reason for my post here.
I appreciate everything you do for everyone here including myself. As for Scarab, the last 2 years has been hell. This inst the first incident with lose/Missing hardware. Although, I must say 90% of the issues were Dealer Issues (IMO). My extended warranty was due to my brand new boat being in repair for over 14 months over the last 2 years of ownership the rest of the time it was sitting in storage waiting to be repaired. I would have gladly taken my money back which i asked for after 2 weeks of owning the boat and that was never an option for them or MM. I understand you standing behind them as you're a rep for them. As for me, It has been nothing but issues and problems.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I appreciate everything you do for everyone here including myself. As for Scarab, the last 2 years has been hell. This inst the first incident with lose/Missing hardware. Although, I must say 90% of the issues were Dealer Issues (IMO). My extended warranty was due to my brand new boat being in repair for over 14 months over the last 2 years of ownership the rest of the time it was sitting in storage waiting to be repaired. I would have gladly taken my money back which i asked for after 2 weeks of owning the boat and that was never an option for them or MM. I understand you standing behind them as you're a rep for them. As for me, It has been nothing but issues and problems.

I understand and that's why I am here! MM has been nothing for Scarab. :))

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I found my cleat nuts and washers 3 times in trhe hull last summer, they have to be tightened everytimes I go to the dealer.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I found my cleat nuts and washers 3 times in trhe hull last summer, they have to be tightened everytimes I go to the dealer.
Have you tried using thread locker before tightening.