• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out plug button very hard to push

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2007 AR230 I have absolutely no issue getting the plugs in the ports. They come out with no issue as soon as the button is pushed. Pushing the grey button is the issue. Both buttons are to the point that I need to use the butt end of a screwdriver to push them down before the button releases the ears. I took the plugs apart and I can't find any issue that would cause this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Possibly dirt inside the plug here is a video I made showing how the plug works internally http://youtu.be/KhsnPrWt7nU this may help you figure out what is wrong

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I boat in salt water so I take my plugs apart each winter soak them in a water/ salt away bath. Then I use white lithium grease on the moving parts. I think the lithium grease is all you need.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I do the same as @Gym except I don't use salt away. You are fresh water so I would think a good scrub with a tooth brush and some grease and you would be good to go.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Also helps to spray some silicone lube on the plug after each use; keeps the moving parts moving and the rubber seal soft and pliable.

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also helps to spray some silicone lube on the plug after each use; keeps the moving parts moving and the rubber seal soft and pliable.
This was huge for me. After some silicone pool lube the plugs go in and out like 'buttah.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone! I will get some silicone lube or lithium grease and spray it on all of the moving parts. I'll let you know how it works.