• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out plug doesn't fit

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JeffL thanks for trying to help -- I did have the tabs lined up correctly.

However what I was doing wrong was still embarrassingly basic: I wasn't pressing down hard enough. We were pressing down, and we thought pressing plenty hard, but still the metal just wasn't lining up with its track.

Thinking that in desperation we could freeze the metal part of the plug to make it fit, we disassembled the plug mechanism. While we were at it, we agreed there was no way the rubber seal was the issue ... but nonetheless tested putting in the metal ring without the rubber seal. Wow what an easy fit! If anything, disturbingly loose ... so this motivated us to just press down harder, which made it all work as expected.

So I feel pretty silly but really lean into the plug first then twist and it twists in with basically no resistance at all. The downward pressure in our case seemed extreme compared to what I remembered from last year, but I do remember needing to press down then, too.

Lesson learned.
Osric - you lesson learned will most likely come back to help someone else out down the road! Thanks for sharing your experience and how you resolved your issue.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Guys,

The key with the new plugs is to push down hard while rotating them into the locked position. When the dealer was showing me how to do it I was trying to rotate it with all my strength and it did not move. Now I push down and rotate simultaneously and it is very easy to get them to lock into place.

Scoop