• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out plug won’t go in

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Huh....the 3rd paragraph of my review of the new plugs is rearing its ugly head:

https://jetboaters.net/threads/there-are-two-changes-to-every-boat-in-the-2017-line-up-and-one-other-change.11027/

"My only concern with this new design is what happens if you don't keep your plugs clean? I asked Yamaha about this and they said they tested it and that it is designed to be easy to twist out. I'm not convinced, and can forsee a plug twisting device in someone's future! LOL Something like a water shut off valve big T handle. Their comment...lube them and keep them clean and remove them between outings and you'll be fine."​
Very prophetic, @Julian !
I must say I have had my reservations also... Could get the thing back in at a boat show, felt embarrassed - but then the dealer could set those in, either...

Maybe that pool lube will help long term? I keep mine soaked with 303 AP and have not had any trouble, yet.

--

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife finally got the plug in today. She got both arms in the tube to apply even pressure and wiggled the plug back and forth a while slowly and finally got it in. I ordered a rebuild kit for that plug and a whole assembly for a spare in the boat. I’m not going through that on the water.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you normally keep them in? I wonder if you may be better off keeping them out while not in use... I have the old style plugs, so I don't have any insight on this new style... Best of luck!