• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out plugs in or out at launch

Thacrane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just moved my 19 AR240 to a marina for dry storage. They prefer a call ahead to drop the boat in the water prior to arrival. There's no need to have the cleanout plugs in for that process if the engines aren't started right? Silly question, but found myself second guessing.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No, they don't have to be inserted before you arrive. I had the same situation in dry stack and always removed my clean out plugs before leaving and simply reinserted them when I returned each week.

Thacrane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, they don't have to be inserted before you arrive. I had the same situation in dry stack and always removed my clean out plugs before leaving and simply reinserted them when I returned each week.
Thanks!! Exactly what I was thinking.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just moved my 19 AR240 to a marina for dry storage. They prefer a call ahead to drop the boat in the water prior to arrival. There's no need to have the cleanout plugs in for that process if the engines aren't started right? Silly question, but found myself second guessing.
Personally I wouldn't trust anyone to insert them and lock but as mentioned, they don't have to be in.