• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean Out Plugs

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just remember all the cleanout plugs from the year 2000 to the year2016 are the push button ones known as blowout plugs.
In 2017 Yamaha replaced the push button plugs with the twist in plugs so just for clarification they are totally different plugs. the push button style has internal mechanical workings that can fail the new ones just twist in and lock that way. Here is a video I made years ago showing the workings of the push button style.
, I made EZ locks to deal with this issue years ago at the request of many people who were on the Yamaha jetboaters ,com forum, And ironically the same reason I started making steering for Yamaha jet boats after people insisted I make them , funny because I was hesitant to do both until a friend of mine had a serious issue with cleanout plug failures his name was Johnny O on that web page and I finally designed these after installing a fix called the purple plug fix in his cleanout plugs as a favor and then understood why people wanted an EZ way to deal with the plugs. As for the steering I ended up designing that because a member of that web site actually dropped his boat off in my front yard and said call me when you have a steering system for this and it is ready to test. So I took the challenge and built the first one for the Yamaha jet boat nozzle and reverse hoods. he came over to go test it out, so I went out to lake Seminole with him and watched him smile as he test drove it. Interestingly the majority if not all the people who started or joined this web site were people that bailed from the Yamaha jet boat site.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
mine is a 2019 FSH
Don't you have twist clean outs? I can't say that I have seen anyone rebuild those.

But from the babbits parts list for your model and year, that is the part number that cross referenced to Amazon.

F3F-67609-09-00
This is the part number to search for. Keep in mind, you need two.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
mine is a 2019 FSH
That was why I posted the info it is quite common that people forget that there were actually 3 different clean out plugs. The original plugs in boats prior to 2000 were twist in plugs similar in nature to the ones that are being used now. Rebuild kits as they are called only fit the 2000 to 2016 models and they do make it easier to install and remove but they only have the gasket and the bottom part of the plug there is no new internal parts and even if they had all new parts believe it or not people had blowouts from day one some happened on the test drive, all sorts of problems with the push button plugs . Thus the name blowout plugs!

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Don't you have twist clean outs? I can't say that I have seen anyone rebuild those.

But from the babbits parts list for your model and year, that is the part number that cross referenced to Amazon.

F3F-67609-09-00
This is the part number to search for. Keep in mind, you need two.
YES they are twist with aluminum tops/rubber bottoms... however they are in and out a few times a week (Texas weather). I got aggrivated one day (they were always hard to turn to remove from day one) and slapped some Marine grade grease on them. Ah, buttery smooth. However, although the aluminum seemed to like the grease, the rubber not so much a couple years later. They are getting "gritty" where they seal to the bottoms of the clean outs and look to be degrading. I absolutely should have known not to use a petroleum based grease. The next set will get something more material friendly for a lubricant.