• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out plugs

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine are full of water when we come
In I pull the plugs and they drain. No big deal. However the starboard side clean out was not full of water today. No performance issues were noted. Normal?

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mine are full of water when we come
In I pull the plugs and they drain. No big deal. However the starboard side clean out was not full of water today. No performance issues were noted. Normal?
Well I only have one on my 195 but I posted something the other day and the answer is yes it is normal. Someone at one point had put a go pro camera down there to actually figure out where the water was coming from but it turns out it comes from under the plug. Some other members said that it might be washing over the second tier once coming off plane or reversing but there were some others that said they had ballast bags back there and they’ve never seen water on the second tier and the swim platform was dry so it has to be coming from underneath the clean out. MN has milfoil inspection points and they missed mine last weekend but I found the water in the clean out port while I was cleaning the boat in the driveway.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Normal
Don't worry about it

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the same issue just today. Nothing to worry about.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well I only have one on my 195 but I posted something the other day and the answer is yes it is normal. Someone at one point had put a go pro camera down there to actually figure out where the water was coming from but it turns out it comes from under the plug. Some other members said that it might be washing over the second tier once coming off plane or reversing but there were some others that said they had ballast bags back there and they’ve never seen water on the second tier and the swim platform was dry so it has to be coming from underneath the clean out. MN has milfoil inspection points and they missed mine last weekend but I found the water in the clean out port while I was cleaning the boat in the driveway.
Another proved it backed up through the clean out tray drain hose on a hard stop. Anyway, wherever it’s coming from it’s happening to a whole lot of us and the consensus is that it isn’t really something to worry about.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’ll pipe in with some of my findings this past week. First trip out in the new boat 2 weeks ago, I had a few gallons in the bilge and port side clean out had a ton of water on top, starboard was dry. Fast forward to Friday, while filling my bilge to test pump operation with the garden hose, I noticed water dripping out the bilge drain plug. I pulled the plug, perfectly clean, o-ring not rolled, but it doesn’t seat very smoothly. Some silicone on the o-ring and it felt much better. I also pulled the tray out that holds the pump clean outs, and noticed 2 issues right away. First, the pump clean out rubber tubes are secured top and bottom with clamps that were barely finger tight. Second, a real lack of workmanship from whoever silicones the tray to the hull. Huge gaps, one screw was stripped, total fail. So I resealed it with 4200 and secured it back down, tightening everything. Took her out yesterday, not a drop in the clean out ports and bilge was bone dry when I removed that plug.

Jetti

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ll pipe in with some of my findings this past week. First trip out in the new boat 2 weeks ago, I had a few gallons in the bilge and port side clean out had a ton of water on top, starboard was dry. Fast forward to Friday, while filling my bilge to test pump operation with the garden hose, I noticed water dripping out the bilge drain plug. I pulled the plug, perfectly clean, o-ring not rolled, but it doesn’t seat very smoothly. Some silicone on the o-ring and it felt much better. I also pulled the tray out that holds the pump clean outs, and noticed 2 issues right away. First, the pump clean out rubber tubes are secured top and bottom with clamps that were barely finger tight. Second, a real lack of workmanship from whoever silicones the tray to the hull. Huge gaps, one screw was stripped, total fail. So I resealed it with 4200 and secured it back down, tightening everything. Took her out yesterday, not a drop in the clean out ports and bilge was bone dry when I removed that plug.
I have about 2-3 gallons drain out of the bilge drain everytime I pull the plug after running for a couple of hours. I figured it was the soaking wet kids getting in and out. But with that being said, when no one swims I still drain the same amount.
I know what I'll be doing this weekend!!!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have about 2-3 gallons drain out of the bilge drain everytime I pull the plug after running for a couple of hours. I figured it was the soaking wet kids getting in and out. But with that being said, when no one swims I still drain the same amount.
I know what I'll be doing this weekend!!!
That's a problem that needs to be checked out.