• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out question

RJM123060

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2015 AR210 and recently had the pleasure of pulling the rear clean out plugs. My problem is one is super easy to reinstall and lock in place, but the other has to be pounded back in far enough to lock. I've used some seal lubricant which helps a little, but it is still extremely tight. Is there an easier way to get the clean out plugs reinstalled?

rebuild the plugs with new rubber. The old one is probably really swollen. Then take some wet/dry sandpaper, maybe 400 grit and clean all the oxidation around the area where the rubber seats. Hopefully that helps.

here's the link. problem solved.

here's the link. problem solved.
Thanks a ton! I just ordered two to replace on both engines.

Here is an explanation on what happens when a clean out plug fails to lock properly , the new bottom half and rubber gasket kit help with the plug being installed and removed easier but the kit does not have any of the internal parts that actually lock the plug or release it. So it is best to add a lock especially if your plug moves out of the hole easier once you replace the bottom half.

Back