• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaned the Gelcote using that cream ( I use the cream every 3 months here's today's results )

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat interior is in very good condition, I always use soapy water with a small amount of bleach then wipe with a clean cloth but i happened to go into a local DIY shop and found this at 50 cents so thought i would give it a try, The name translated to English is Stay Clean a multi purpose cleaner, I'm not sure if it's distributed Worldwide but maybe you can recognize it by the container maybe under a different name, It's a cream and it took what i thought was very clean interior to a different level, It's surprising what you can drop on by accident.

IMG_3037.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG
This is before

IMG_3040.JPG
IMG_3039.JPG IMG_3038.JPG

This is after, No water involved just rub the cream in using circular motions you can see the dirt come off straight away and although the seats were good originally it did bring them up like new, Not bad for 10 years old.

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip @Geoff Cooper I just ordered some and can't wait to see the results! I have the perforated vinyl seats and getting all the dirt out of the holes has been a pain. Hopefully I have better results with this.

http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Multi-purpose-Cleaner-G-thailand-Product/dp/B008M6VXTQ
@Geoff Cooper thanks for the post and @GiddYupJoe thanks for the Amazon link. I have some stains on my vinyl that just won't come up no matter what I've tried and hopefully this will do the trick. Now I just have to wait until mid-July to receive the product.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
will be nice to have when I get back from Bimini! Just ordered..

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip @Geoff Cooper I just ordered some and can't wait to see the results! I have the perforated vinyl seats and getting all the dirt out of the holes has been a pain. Hopefully I have better results with this.

http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Multi-purpose-Cleaner-G-thailand-Product/dp/B008M6VXTQ
Wow you move quick and i hope it works for you, I must admit i was surprised i didn't have any stains but for price it was worth just trying so i did a small patch to start with and had to do all then because it was so good, That price seems a bit strong on Amazon though it's 34 Thai Baht here and there's 100 Thai baht to $3, I container did all of the Boat so i need to get some more in case they run out it's useful to have hanging around, I just sat watching the TV for a few nights with the seat casings on the the coffee table while i was cleaning them, Quite a few pleasant evenings and happy with the results.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Geoff Cooper thanks for the post and @GiddYupJoe thanks for the Amazon link. I have some stains on my vinyl that just won't come up no matter what I've tried and hopefully this will do the trick. Now I just have to wait until mid-July to receive the product.
Your most welcome i hope it works as well for you as it did for me Good Luck.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow you move quick and i hope it works for you, I must admit i was surprised i didn't have any stains but for price it was worth just trying so i did a small patch to start with and had to do all then because it was so good, That price seems a bit strong on Amazon though it's 34 Thai Baht here and there's 100 Thai baht to $3, I container did all of the Boat so i need to get some more in case they run out it's useful to have hanging around, I just sat watching the TV for a few nights with the seat casings on the the coffee table while i was cleaning them, Quite a few pleasant evenings and happy with the results.
Joe i haven't tried it on perforated vinyl but it should do the trick i hope, What I've used in the past when dirt gets into the perforations is soapy water and a stiff paint brush that normally shifts it and may be a good idea before you use this cream cleanser .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use Star Bright for tough dirt and grime ( that tends to build up over winter storage). I have found that this, in combination with a soft bristle brush, cleans up the upholstery very nicely. ESPECIALLY on the perforated sections of the seats that give us all such a hard time.

http://www.starbrite.com/item/mildew-stain-remover?category_id=558

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks Geoff.

For everyone that might not know, be careful how much bleach you put with the water if you decide to go that route. If it's too much, it will deteriorate the threads where the vinyl is sewed together. It soaks into the threads and you can't rinse it out. Just use small amounts. vinyl cleaners like this one are better.

I've found that for an every day cleaner, simple green works great to get the skin oils and sunscreen off. And I love the smell of that stuff.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Geoff.

For everyone that might not know, be careful how much bleach you put with the water if you decide to go that route. If it's too much, it will deteriorate the threads where the vinyl is sewed together. It soaks into the threads and you can't rinse it out. Just use small amounts. vinyl cleaners like this one are better.

I've found that for an every day cleaner, simple green works great to get the skin oils and sunscreen off. And I love the smell of that stuff.
Hi Ken I think you maybe replied to the wrong message, I didn't mention bleach i just suggested to Joe i used soapy water and a stiff paint brush to get into the perforations and that he might like to try that, Not sure where the Bleach came in unless it's used to make this Starbright that Devil Dog suggested, I can't comment on that as it's not available here in Thailand, Let me know your thoughts please.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Ken I think you maybe replied to the wrong message, I didn't mention bleach i just suggested to Joe i used soapy water and a stiff paint brush to get into the perforations and that he might like to try that, Not sure where the Bleach came in unless it's used to make this Starbright that Devil Dog suggested, I can't comment on that as it's not available here in Thailand, Let me know your thoughts please.
For reference, there is no bleach in the Star Bright product I listed.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My boat interior is in very good condition, I always use soapy water with a small amount of bleach then wipe with a clean cloth but i happened to go into a local DIY shop and found this at 50 cents so thought i would give it a try, The name translated to English is Stay Clean a multi purpose cleaner, I'm not sure if it's distributed Worldwide but maybe you can recognize it by the container maybe under a different name, It's a cream and it took what i thought was very clean interior to a different level, It's surprising what you can drop on by accident.

View attachment 23745

View attachment 23741
This is before

View attachment 23742
View attachment 23743 View attachment 23744

This is after, No water involved just rub the cream in using circular motions you can see the dirt come off straight away and although the seats were good originally it did bring them up like new, Not bad for 10 years old.
You mentioned in your original post that you use a small amount of bleach. Just cautioning people that "more is not better" with bleach in this situation. It can easily be overdone.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You mentioned in your original post that you use a small amount of bleach. Just cautioning people that "more is not better" with bleach in this situation. It can easily be overdone.
Oh yes that was in another post, Yes i always do and have done for nearly 40 years with no problems, I hesitated to mention it here because of the reaction it causes, I can only write about what i use myself and if i use something that is successful then that's ok and it's merely a suggestion not a quote from a rule book, I still have the original interior in my Boat never had anything recovered and it's mint and i can assure you it does get used a lot because I'm retired and the conditions here warrant it but after using it i always wipe down the interior, I always keep on top of all jobs on my Boat and i always ask myself the question " Would i buy this Boat" I'm a fussy sod when it comes to doing jobs and much prefer to do all my own work then I'm happy with the finished job, I appreciate a lot of people don't have the time i have and so in some cases there boats suffer, Where all here to offer opinions and try to make the job easier.

IMG_1669.JPG IMG_1667.JPG IMG_1668.JPG
This is the interior before i used the cream, Not bad for 10 years old and used at least twice a week in saltwater, I've never had a problem using bleach on my seats and never had any of the upholstery restitched.

Last edited:

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok let me bring you up to date, I have been busy with one thing and another and doing my Trip to Bangkok post but i finally sat down last night and watched a movie while i cleaned the last seat cushion, They have all come out really good with this cleaner and what else I'm pleased to tell you is this, You know around the bottom edge of the cushions where the fabric goes over the wooden base, Well you normally bet a change in color it tends to go a yellow color as the fabric follows the wood around just for the thickness of the wood about an inch or so from the bottom, It takes that away completely now i ready to put them back into the Boat but first i want to have a new Boat cover made, I will take some Photos of my trim man making it for me and and give you some updates, Mine has been repaired many times as you have seen if you have followed my posts and i think it's about time for a new one, here are some Photos of the finished seat all cleaned and ready to go.

IMG_3089.JPG

This is where I'm talking about you tend to get a yellow band that follows the internal wooden base around well this cream puts it back to original

IMG_3088.JPG
Final one finished

IMG_3090.JPG
All ready to go back

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good for sure. I am a big fan of the Boat Bling products after each use and for maintenance. My interior still looks like new, but if it gets away from me this is an option.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice post Geoff, thanks for sharing.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Joe just thought i would give you an update, I cleaned my back casings today with that cream cleaner and mine are also perforated so after i had finished i thought of your seats and maybe others have the same kind as you so i took a few Photos i don't know if your seats are the same but mine came out really good, Oh i also just wiped the Waketower over with what was on the cleaning rag and wow it sparkled after so another job that it can be used for, It removed any oxidization around the joints also, Anyway here's some Photos for you to look at maybe it will give you some ideas.

IMG_3111.JPG IMG_3111.JPG IMG_3114.JPG IMG_3113.JPG IMG_3114.JPG IMG_3115.JPG IMG_3112.JPG

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Damn! That looks really clean.