• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning products

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Who has a good cleaner for waterline scum buildup?
I have crud along the sides of my Hobie Skiff jet that polishing compound doesn't want to cut.
Starbrite hull cleaner

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have crud along the sides of my Hobie Skiff jet that polishing compound doesn't want to cut.
What they said - Starbright Hull Cleaner!
Then wax/cleaner wax. Then - Hot Sauce!
Hot Sauce is fantastic - for "fresh" waterline scum (on a previously waxed hull).

--

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Starbrite hull cleaner on Scum OFF!
Thanks for the heads up.
A few minutes and the hull looks great.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Star brite instant hull cleaner or On/off. Just wear a mask and gloves. Has some acid in it. Don’t get it on a lift or your trailer though. Wipe on 5 seconds later it’s like magic and gone and rinse with lots of water. Then you have to rewax again. I do the whole process once at end of the season. Clean and waxed for next spring.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Inside- 303 cleaner and 303 protectant

Outside- 3M marine cleaner and polish...and Hot Sauce after every outing.

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have used "Amazing Roll Off Multi Surface Cleaner"

Told the dealer when I bought the boat that right now is the cleanest this boat was ever going to get as he was spraying the stuff on and wiping slight imperfections off the brand new boat.

He was mildly irritated by the futility comment and gave me the bottle to take home. Have been using it to clean every part that is boat ever since.

Have used 303 Marine Aerospace Protectant on the vinyl parts of the seats as a protectant, and 303 Fabric Guard to protect the cloth part of the upholstery, bimini top, and the Mooring cover that is allegedly made from Sunbrella.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and the Mooring cover that is allegedly made from Sunbrella.
Unfortunately not. It's called SureLast or something and the newest (2016-17+) are supposed to be improved (BW+) but it is far from the top quality covers.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That Awesome spray is not bad, actually, can come in handy. Unfortunately it does not do $hit on the new corrugated white-ish vinyl.
I do not want to use bleach, so my last hope - will be experimenting with nine-spray (or spray-nine) next week.

--

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great suggestions, was just talking to my son about giving the boat a good bath. You guys and Amazon just made my wallet a bit lighter!

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like this thread...seems like 303 or Boat Bling are the top choice for interior clean and protectant. I'm still unsure what wash and wax to be used for the hull? (I haven't waxed mine, picked the boat up 2 months ago and it has about 23 hours in salt water). I've been using a Meguiar's Car wash solution...

With the weather (hurricanes and tropical storms) coming through, seems like a good weekend for waxing.