• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning white vinyl

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MutherTucker ..I use NU FINISH wax twice a year (easy on/easy off) and boat bling in between. I also use ICE spray on wax and detailer spray. There are many out there that work great. These are just a few. Obviously what you used worked great. The interior looks fantastic.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have them throw a blanket, sheet, or towel on the seats next time. I use the bling products and they work well.
I take it one step further....take out all of your gear AND your seat cushions! Mechanics know how to get dirty they don't understand cleanliness, same with chefs.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wondered if I should take my seats out for the winter when I store the boat? I just feel like those areas never get a chance to breath....any thoughts on that?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you've got room to store them....go for it. I always store my boat with all seats ajar to allow airflow.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the simple green safe to use on the colored parts of the seats?

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just bought boat bling wax that is a newer product. I plan on using it tomorrow in preparation to put the boat in storage for the winter. The detail spray works great on black but I have not had as much luck with the vinyl cleaner. It is also really pricy.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am surprised there aren't more votes for 303 Aerospace Protectant. I don't think you can do much better for the long term. It's technically not a cleaner, but I have learnt that many use it to saturate stained areas and most stuff comes off.
I don't think I will ever use anything else on my boat interior, especially vinyl. But also rubber, plastic, trim, gelcoat, electric cables, you name it (but glass). Granted, it doesn't give you that "wow!" kind of effect you get with some cleaners, but it protects long term from cracking and dirt better than just about anything.