• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clemson Tiger - What should we do?

How should we handle Clemson Tiger

• He has been mistreated, it is time for a group hug and everyone to make up

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • His behavior has merited a time out, his account should be disabled for a month

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • He participates well in some subforums, he should be limited to those

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • It is time for our first banning

Votes: 44 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have never banned anyone for anything other than spamming.

Our forum is governed by the rules and regulations posted in https://jetboaters.net/forums/our-rules-and-regulations-of-operation.37/. Our administrators have done their best to apply these rules fairly to him.

Several of us have reached out to him to try to reason with him.

However @ClemsonTiger remains the principal instigator and undisputed record holder for the most reported posts on our forum. On the positive side he has begun posting more positive content unfortunately while continuing to instigate in other member’s threads.

We certainly allow criticism of boats and other products. We support and appreciate helpful discussion of issues that other members can avoid or repair. However @ClemsonTiger’s posts seem to often be intended to instigate argument with no other value.

This is a long running issue. I have lost objectivity. Others certainly have stepped outside of normal bounds in communicating with him likely due to frustration at his long term instigating and trolling.

I would like to ask the members how we should handle ClemsonTiger’s long term violation of our rules and future participation?

You can view a history of his posts at https://jetboaters.net/members/clemsontiger.2367/

@Administrative

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Personally, I have blocked this gent. I agree that some of his contributions can be very positive, but the instigation cited I have seen, and I do not need. So, perhaps I am biased as well. I would certainly like to see the behavior change so I can unblock him.

It seems @Administrative a) is awesome, b) volunteers to keep this thing running and c) has done all reasonable things (and knowing them, probably more). I should emphasize that if they were to decide any of the options, I would be behind them 1000%. Having been asked my opinion, I believe generally in these things (administration) a stepped approach is best. My vote is for timeout and if upon return the behavior continues, a ban is appropriate.

Dingle

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think he should be banned for life! We should silence everyone we don't agree with. This should be like minded individuals club only!

We should never allow him or anyone like him to join this board ever! Jet boats rule...and anyone who doesn't think so should never be allowed to speak!

Lets go single minded club!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think he should be banned for life! We should silence everyone we don't agree with. This should be like minded individuals club only!

We should never allow him or anyone like him to join this board ever! Jet boats rule...and anyone who doesn't think so should never be allowed to speak!

Which aftermarket steering system would you recommend for an FSH?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

@Dingle aka ClemsonTiger I see and recognize your ability to create a new account. I would prefer that you argue your case as @ClemsonTiger.

Dingle

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ban him! Ban him, Ban him, Ban him! The rules have clearly been applied equally TO ALL members.....sarcasm......(Have screen shots to prove so)

Have personal messages from Admins....that the Admins would be embarrassed if shown.

Ban that bastard....he is a piece of shit!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Then again, I could be persuaded to change my vote... perhaps banning is appropriate. <sigh>

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ban him! Ban him, Ban him, Ban him! The rules have clearly been applied equally TO ALL members.....sarcasm......(Have screen shots to prove so)

Have personal messages from Admins....that the Admins would be embarrassed if shown.

Ban that bastard....he is a piece of shit!
So basically you want to be banned. Just delete your account and go away , since your asking for a ban.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I voted to keep him in some subforums. I like reading about his fishing, and some of his cooking. There's nothing wrong with discussing some of the negative attributes of Yamaha jetboats, we know there are some, but they are tradeoffs for benefits - we all arrived at the same risk:benefit analysis when choosing one. He's just a royal dick about it, all the time.

That being said, I voted before I saw his little alter ego here. Perhaps he has no business on this forum. Duplicate accounts definitely deserve a ban, so that can be your first. Might make the sting on the second a little easier.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is exactly why he isn't needed here. It is true Clemsondingl we are all like-minded people that enjoy jet boats and try to add to the community so yes we should ban the non believers. At this point you're like a 5 year old that's gonna stomp his feet and hold his breath while still posting crap to get people pissed. You don't have a jet boat anymore and at this point there are many more people here with a lot more expertise on the FSH boat than you so just go to the tidewater forums and piss them off.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I blocked him long ago... Now it seems I have another name to block.. There was a time where I enjoyed his posts about fishing and the like. . But then for some reason it all changed into hate filled spew. .. So for me the knowledge and and wisdom he could share are vastly over shadowed but the constant argument ingniting comments. He likes to say he is being silenced because he has a different point of view and the admin are being biased but it is obvious his intent is to simply cause a disruption. It is clear he has a high drive for it by creating an additional account just to post the same tired cries in this post. I vote for a temp ban but if it continues to these levels a perminate ban. .

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not had the displeasure of engaging in any conversations with him. However, seeing how his posts go i can see why this decision is warranted. I believe in letting everyone speak their minds, but not at the expense of belittling others. The visitors on this forum are primarily owners of some sort of waterjet powered craft, and of those, id say 80% are Yamaha owners. What other reactions are to be expected when you bash on Yamaha jetboats? Are we supposed to go and sell our crafts and buy another just on the advise of one person?
So this person had a bad experience with his. I have been on this site for a while, and i still dont know what his issues where. All i see is that he feels cheated and betrayed by Yamaha for some reason, but i dont know why. I consider myself pretty open minded when it comes to just about everything, and i really wanted to see what his grudge was and take his advise, but i find myself not being able to.

Are Yamaha's perfect? Hell no, they arent, and i dont think anyone here thinks so. We all know they have their flaws and we, for the most part have accepted them.

I dont have a jetboat yet, but I am in the planning phases to buy one. I come from the waverunner world and the outboard world. Not once did any of his comments sway my decision to own a Yamaha in the least.
I also dont think its the fact that he wants to point out to us that Yamaha's arent perfect, its just the way he goes about it. You attract more flies with Honey than you do with Vinegar.

Other members here have had minor and major issues with their craft. But, they have always provided what those issues where and let everyone else make a decision for themselves. I might have missed it, but i dont remember Swatski jumping in other threads telling people not to buy Yamaha and if someone asked why , he wouldnt answer. On the contrary, he went thru an aweful experience and took the time to document it for us to make our own decisions.

We all have our opinions, and the above is just one of many.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think one of the things that really sealed the deal for me, is that he went back and deleted the content of all of his FSH-related threads. He clearly wants nothing to do with the community other than to antagonize people.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have always tried to be helpful to my fellow boaters, both on and off the forum. I found some of @ClemsonTiger's posts helpful as he has acknowledged that jetboat operators require a higher skillset than IO or outboard operators. For that I have to agree with him.

I also agree with @Bruce that we don't ban people for expressing their opinions on boating but the personal attacks need to stop. I think spending a month in the hot box (the political forum @YJB) to allow him to satisfy his argumentative nature with Steve45 would be appropriate. Now that he has two screen names he can now argue with himself.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Banning him will do no good trolls will be trolls. Most who don’t want to see his content already have him blocked no need to have him just start creating more accounts for those people to block again. I would just attach a permanent message in his signature line saying if you don’t like my post please block me and move on. I know that stinks for the mods who volunteer their time to have to keep getting complaints.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I can’t say I’ve seen the personal attacks.

I always thought he was a relatively polite and somewhat humorous troll.

I vote group hug.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
If your first comment on a topic is negative with no helpful info, you have no reason to be on the forum.

There are many people here that had major issues with their boats and were able to receive help and stick around to help others. Some of the highest posting members have been very outspoken against Yamaha and even have a lawsuit in progress. These same people are still helpful and provide positive input wherever they are able.

I voted to ban based on immediate negativity with no desire to be helpful.

I did very much enjoy his constant Trolling of certain members here.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I say @Dingle gets banished first. That way Clem doesn’t get the honor of being first.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I definitely think it is time for some kind of action! On top of the obvious problems, he is really making Tiger nation look bad to everyone here. As a HUGE Clemson fan, I am disappointed to see actions like his from a fellow Tiger!

But, how do y'all prevent him from just continuing to open new accounts such as Dingle??

sk380

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
As a follower of many boating forums I have always been appreciative of the casual but courteous nature of this forum. Clem has always concerned me with the content of a lot of his posts. I would go so far as to say notify the authorities. When you see something say something...

Status
Not open for further replies.