• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clemson Tiger - What should we do?

How should we handle Clemson Tiger

• He has been mistreated, it is time for a group hug and everyone to make up

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • His behavior has merited a time out, his account should be disabled for a month

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • He participates well in some subforums, he should be limited to those

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • It is time for our first banning

Votes: 44 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I found the ignore option useful. And I agree with the concern of how the forum looks to newcomers and how material appeas in history/search.

I like the warning, or perhaps a hidden/out of topic/toxic flag for posts, and those posts visible only to those with accounts, logged in, that choose to enable them.

Forced to pick between the choices provided, if I was King, I would ban him. Either by choice or ignorance, his communication is just needlessly toxic and offensive. Opinions and distastes can be effectively expressed without offending others. He chooses to offend time and time again. Not good for the forum.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Perhaps just restrict him from entering the FSH forum? He's removed any constructive content he made, and all he does in there is trash new members with questions or issues. That might just work the problem out. If he wants to shoot the shit about fishing, sports, cooking, whatever - he can - but not having an opportunity to tell everyone their boat sucks and they're an idiot for buying it.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Need to start asking WTF is your problem with me.
I do not have a problem with you. I bypass your content just as I bypass the advertisements on google.

In case my post was not clear; I am one of the very few people who is advocating for you to stay on the forum, so I am not sure why the counter offensive here.

From my minimal interaction with you, is that whatever good information you provide it gets overshadowed by the negative & sarcasm. I can see how @swatski can parse out through the junk, but new people ( my self included) can cause my confusion than it is helping. I still do not get what benefit you get from all this?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damnit. I scrolled through this entire thread looking for a response from ct and realized that I have him on ignore lol.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would be funny had I not just done the same thing (one of those emoji's goes here, um...). BTW, if someone you are ignoring has posted, at the bottom there is a link to 'show ignored content', which will temporarily show what you have ignored. I started making a point on this thread to make sure I go to the bottom and click that first.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I can't believe we are on page #3 and no one has pitched a steering system to us.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't believe we are on page #3 and no one has pitched a steering system to us.
I can help...
There is a group buy for LTEs if you are interested, we need 35 for full discount. :) come on 35.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
You know we made 35 already.
I think he was just trying to "steer" the topic somewhere else.

Did some body say steering?

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is America now, ban him because you dont like his posts. If that doesnt work get a group of true fasists in black masks to surround him and threaten because they don't want to hear what he has to say. Sad. The poll isnt accurate because there should be a leave him the F alone.
I have had several heated posts with him also, I just don't care if someone likes my boat or not as long as I do. I guess I don't feel the need to try to convince him to like my boat like some of you guys.
That being said I don't have a clue about what brought this latest issue up.
If it was something that serious maybe somebody could clue me in.

Last edited:

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So you've got someone with no desire to add to the community in a positive way. His main motivation is to tell people how bad the fsh is because he had a bad experience.

Sounds to me like a bad apple. Maybe some day he will let go of his resentment towards these boats and become a better member.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t think the Anology is accurate.
Just because you leave in America , can I come and start saying whatever I want in your house ?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
This is America now, ban him because you dont like his posts. If that doesnt work get a group of true fasists in black masks to surround him and threaten because they don't want to hear what he has to say. Sad. The poll isnt accurate because there should be a leave him the F alone.
I have had several heated posts with him also, I just don't care if someone likes my boat or not as long as I do. I guess I don't feel the need to try to convince him to like my boat like some of you guys.
This is about keeping the forum positive and helpful. It's ok to say bad things about the boats. A lot of us do.

The main purpose of any forum is to talk about the topic, good or bad, and offer solutions or ideas to help.

It's clear to me that the negative comments without offering a solution are the reason for this thread.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought we were talking about the Forum I didn't know he was coming to anybody's house and bad-mouthing them

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think he is added a lot of positive posts, the problem is there's a lot of butthurt people here that can't take it when he doesn't like their boats. Just my opinion which I hope I'm still allowed to give. If he bothered me that bad i would hit ignore.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JDinfla, we do not care what he posts as long as he abides by our code of conduct.

Unfortunately the vast majority of moderation work on the forum is created by a single user and I in particular have grown tired of wasting my time dealing with him.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think he is added a lot of positive posts, the problem is there's a lot of butthurt people here that can't take it when he doesn't like their boats. Just my opinion which I hope I'm still allowed to give. If he bothered me that bad i would hit ignore.
The seasoned guys get it and ignore. One of the key problems is the fact that newcomers are welcomed with this type of behavior. Being new and getting your first posts swamped with negativity does something negative to the member AND tone of this forum. The tone of this forum is friendly and positive with constructive criticisms when warranted.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t think the Anology is accurate.
Just because you leave in America , can I come and start saying whatever I want in your house ?
You won't come into my house unless I invite you, but yes you can stand in the street and say whatever you want. Short of threatening someone. Also if he didn't come to somebody's house I think your analogy is the bad one.
I can certainly see how administrators and moderators would be tired of the situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.