• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Closed political thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As an adjective controversial
is arousing controversy—a debate or discussion of opposing opinions.

As a noun politics is
(countable) a methodology and activities associated with running a government, an organization, or a movement.

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I assume this is in regards to Bruce closing the vaccine thread this afternoon. In which case, you might want to go reread the thread as he was objectively correct in calling it political.

At any rate, what are you attempting to accomplish with starting this one?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Political is in the eye of the beholder. In this case, the beholder = the mod(s).

Rooster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I didn't see anything political about that thread, only a discussion about a major medical event we are still going through. Just because we might differ on our opinion of the event doesn't make it political.

History is important, putting your head in the sand is literally choosing to remain ignorant. Personally, I am not smart enough to interpret the data for myself and would love to see a discussion from those with a medical background to help me understand what is going on.

Please clarify how the thread was political so I can avoid making the same mistake again.

P.S. I'm looking forward to boating season and hope everyone here has a great year out on the water regardless of what they believe. Recognizing our differences while celebrating our commonalities is the only way we move forward as a society.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are not paying and receiving a service, its either a charity, or you are the cattle and not the customer. (Think Google maps, or this forum)

In our case, this is a charity paid for by the owner. That gives him some leeway and us little ground to stand on when disputing such discretion.

Bruce has been beyond hospitable on keeping the site working as well as it does.

I personally I'm a fan of such discussion BUT there is the challenge of the bullshit assymetry principle, which ultimately motivated those with control of the information to give up on explaining and proceed to censor as a control measure (and in my opinion rightfully so) the dominion case against Fox news is a very interesting peek into how the media is baiting is viewers to increase engagement, even when they know the information to be false. Without responsible editor staff, media perversely crumbles into an echo chamber of what you want to read to keep you engaged, truth be damned. Not a great outcome.

Ultimately this is a boating forum and we are here at the invitation and through the courtesy of the founder. Keep that in mind.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The Fox News dog whistle, totally not political. Censoring of others is totally not political. I'll sit here in my echo chamber and wait for the warning.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Don’t dare post facts challenging our Jetboat dictator’s beliefs and opinion.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Fox News dog whistle, totally not political. Censoring of others is totally not political. I'll sit here in my echo chamber and wait for the warning.
And that is why if we go at it the thread will be closed. There's nothing I can say that will change your perception. Can you say you are truly open to contradicting evidence?

When it turns into a faith based vs. science based discussion, there's little chance of anyone really fully istening and being willing to adjust their perseption.(according to the other side, regardless of which it is)

But! If you start with your hypothesis first, vs trying to share "facts" without starting that hypothesis, you have a better chance. I fell into the same thing above, trying to avoid the "political" statement.

Best of luck, I truly wish there was a space for such debating, more and more of t is the echo chamber where folks keep hearing only their own ideas. But it seems that place is not here

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
And that is why if we go at it the thread will be closed. There's nothing I can say that will change your perception. Can you say you are truly open to contradicting evidence?

When it turns into a faith based vs. science based discussion, there's little chance of anyone really fully istening and being willing to adjust their perseption.(according to the other side, regardless of which it is)

But! If you start with your hypothesis first, vs trying to share "facts" without starting that hypothesis, you have a better chance. I fell into the same thing above, trying to avoid the "political" statement.

Best of luck, I truly wish there was a space for such debating, more and more of t is the echo chamber where folks keep hearing only their own ideas. But it seems that place is not here
In that case why don't delete political responses?
The thread was presenting different sources of data from both side.
If you clearly see someone saying 'Fox News dog whistle' then erase that respond indicating to the owner why you did it.
Closing the whole thing doesn't make sense.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But is it political when I suggest you go read what Dominion found in internal messages between workers at Fox News where they state they do not believe the statements they make on screen? What makes that political? It's more nuanced than it appears.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
But is it political when I suggest you go read what Dominion found in internal messages between workers at Fox News where they state they do not believe the statements they make on screen? What makes that political? It's more nuanced than it appears.

[/Q

Why not include all of the legacy media? They are all interested in viewership. It isn't just fox news.

What about the 50 current and former intelligence analysts? Laptop? Russian collusion? Talk about an echo chamber....

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I don't why my phone is spacing the reply out. Scroll down on your quote

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This attempt to resurrect the closed political thread about Florida’s politicized health department is closed. Additionally this thread is misplaced in General Discussion. If additional threads are created on this topic the offending member(s) will receive a time out.

This forum has a long established prohibition of political discussion. https://jetboaters.net/threads/politics-religion-and-other-volatile-topics.1801/

Status
Not open for further replies.