• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CNC hobbyist

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love this topic. My buddy has been getting pretty good with his CNC Router. (I apologize if I have called it by the wrong name)

He has been making game boards, custom signs and his favorite is lake maps. He gets the bottom contour from the MN DNR, and then programs it into the machine.

He tells me wood choice is key, as he is the one that needs to sand it out after all done. Wood prices are crazy, but he has customers lined up forever.
Here is the lake map he did of our lake. This took quite the wall hangers to put this big butcher block on the wall. It's not light for sure!! You can't just look at it either, you have to walk up and touch it, it's so amazing!

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Wow. Great idea!

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I love this topic. My buddy has been getting pretty good with his CNC Router. (I apologize if I have called it by the wrong name)

He has been making game boards, custom signs and his favorite is lake maps. He gets the bottom contour from the MN DNR, and then programs it into the machine.

He tells me wood choice is key, as he is the one that needs to sand it out after all done. Wood prices are crazy, but he has customers lined up forever.
Here is the lake map he did of our lake. This took quite the wall hangers to put this big butcher block on the wall. It's not light for sure!! You can't just look at it either, you have to walk up and touch it, it's so amazing!

This is great I been watching lots of butcher block cnc video on YouTube it’s amazing how they do the design

Crazyhorse

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for the good tips! Im excited to learn this and eventually buy a better one to fabricate parts for my bike
If you cut wood don't use oil. It'll soak into the wood and discolor.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
one of the good one in YouTube he have to carve the design twice for the inlay with contrasting wood color