• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coast Guard Kit

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors The grandkids ages 3 &2 2 will be joining us in ME this summer and had been looking at porta p0tti's. Did you go with a 5 gallon bucket with seat and lid or something more refined?

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors I greatly appreciate the time you put into that list. I hava about 50% of it on my list. The plugs and trailer jack are awesome ideas. I need a good jack so I can maneuver the boat in the barn easier. Thinking about making a pedal driven dolly from an old 10 speed to help as well.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@kgower We went with the Thetford. I got it From West Marine. Couldn't be happier with it. Very portable. Works great and emptying it is a breeze. Carries like suitcase. Before every trip I throw some toilet treatment in it and put it in storage. If we need to use I add a gallon or so so of water. The flushing mechanism on it works fantastic. very sturdy. Seals excellent and have had no leaks or smells coming from it. Fits easily in storage in helm or passenger side. Easy to get out and use and then put away. The nice thing is that on long trips to the wineries and such I put it in the back of SUV so if needed the admiral can use it.

THETFORD Porta Potti® 135 Portable Marine Head | West Marine

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@kgower We went with the Thetford. I got it From West Marine. Couldn't be happier with it. Very portable. Works great and emptying it is a breeze. Carries like suitcase. Before every trip I throw some toilet treatment in it and put it in storage. If we need to use I add a gallon or so so of water. The flushing mechanism on it works fantastic. very sturdy. Seals excellent and have had no leaks or smells coming from it. Fits easily in storage in helm or passenger side. Easy to get out and use and then put away. The nice thing is that on long trips to the wineries and such I put it in the back of SUV so if needed the admiral can use it.

THETFORD Porta Potti® 135 Portable Marine Head | West Marine
Looks good, thanks.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors Just ordered the Porta potti from West Marine (clearance). What toilet treatment do you use?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
You guys are lucky. Where I boat it is illegal to have a non-fixed non pump-out "potti" even on your boat. In other words it can not be portable. We used to have them on our smaller bowriders but now not on my SX195! If you are lucky you might get a warning but if you get an officer who runs by the rules the fine is really high. The reasons given were that people were dumping them into the river. We never did that but to be honest I have seen people look around then quickly dump one. :cool:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What makes it permanent? Maybe attached with a screw? locked with a cable, key can't be "found" on the boat? just wondering.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(I, who just recently gave up on the porta potty, saw the post above about on sale at West and checked it out. $66? So now I have one on the way...)

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You guys are lucky. Where I boat it is illegal to have a non-fixed non pump-out "potti" even on your boat. In other words it can not be portable. We used to have them on our smaller bowriders but now not on my SX195! If you are lucky you might get a warning but if you get an officer who runs by the rules the fine is really high. The reasons given were that people were dumping them into the river. We never did that but to be honest I have seen people look around then quickly dump one. :cool:
Yup you're right it's not allowed. However we've been using a small one for years on boats and also for camping. Besides, there's no way I'm making the wife or guests pee overboard!
:D

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
What makes it permanent? Maybe attached with a screw? locked with a cable, key can't be "found" on the boat? just wondering.
Up here it's supposed to be factory mounted with a pump-out tank to prevent dummies dumping overboard.