• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Jet Steering llc End of year sale on select systems.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
COBRA JET STEERING LLC is offering special end of year sale pricing for select steering systems for the Yamaha jet boat lineup.
This special pricing is for www.jetboaters.net MEMBERS ONLY !
You can email me directly jeff@cobrajetsteering.com or P. M. me here.
I will need the state you are shipping the parts to, the year and model of your boat and what parts you wish to order also any questions you may have Such as are they upgradeable to accept the mega fangs or can they work together with the lateral thrusters etc.
All systems come with my 30 day satisfaction guarantee and my repair or replace warranty , both can be viewed on my web page www.cobrajetsteering.com .
For those of you that are not familiar with my steering systems.
Most parts are made of 3/16 tempered aircraft aluminum for strength, durability and effectiveness without excessiveness!
Other parts are stainless steel such as tie rods , fasteners & standoffs.
The first of the COBRA STEERING systems offered will be the latest model for the 2019 twin engine jet boats with the articulating keel.
This system is only compatible with the 2019 model twin engine boats.
The Magnum A K - 19 system. The m s r p for this system is $ 399.95 my buy direct discount price is $359
All domestic shipping on all steering orders will be via U S PRIORITY MAIL, I will also be happy to obtain a quote on any shipping costs for non domestic orders.
This system also includes the second tie rod to balance out your original steering system.
It has adjustable fins mounted on the outside of each nozzle forming a V configuration with the original rudder.
This system supplies excellent and predictable steering response at the dock , in no wake areas, in heavy traffic areas, in rough conditions as well as water sport mode or at high speed.
You will experience fast predictable steering response and improved straight tracking at all speeds.
You may choose to reduce the amount of high speed effect if that suits your personal driving preferences , plus change the setting if your needs change.
From SLOW speed to W. O. T. this system delivers .

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Next is the MAGNUM A K system for 2015 to 2018 twin engine articulating keel boats.
This system also adds the second tie rod and performs the same as the A K 19 model previously mentioned.
Since this system uses the previous style nozzles it is compatible with the A K fangs & Mega Fang Plus system .
The M S R P for this system is $400 our buy direct discount price is $324.99
See Picture below.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Now we are also offering the new ULTIMATE A. K. SYSTEM. This system fits twin engine models from 2015 to 2018 It also provides a second tie rod as the two systems above.
This system uses larger fins than the previous systems and it uses spring loaded fins , these fins can be set to lift up at speed or remain down all the time for unbelievable steering control at all speeds plus the full time effect can be adjusted to several levels to meet your personal boating needs.
Not just for slow speed handling but all boating conditions like wind, waves ,boat traffic , water sports, guest operators.
This set offers the most influence and the most variations making it the ULTIMATE system.
This system is also compatible with the Mega Fang Plus upgrade .
The M S R P for this system is $500, our buy direct discounted price is $424.99

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Next is the Ultimate system, including both single engine and twin engine setups.
The ULTIMATE system is compatible with most Yamaha jet boat models EXCLUDING the articulating keel twin engine boats.
It is also compatible with the single engine boats with the articulating keel up to 2018 models.
This is a spring loaded, adjustable , variable effect ,steering system.
This system allows you to choose all time steering assist or choose to have the fins rise up at planning speeds.
The special actuator holds the fins down at speed when in full time mode, or the actuator lifts the fins up removing the majority of the fin surface from contact with the water at planning speeds when choosing that setting.
Also in the full time mode the fins can be set at a variety of levels and on twin engine boats the outside fins can be independently adjusted to stagger the fins.
This allows you to fine tune the effect at planning speeds by setting the inside fins all the way down while setting the outer fins at any level you choose as those fins are the ones that provide the most effect at speed as they make the most contact with the water when on plane.
The ultimate system will provide you with the steering enhancement's you choose for the area and conditions you boat in.
The Ultimate system is compatible with the Mega Fang Plus with the exception of the single engine keel 19 foot boats.
The M S R P for this system is $230 for single or $415 for twin engine, direct discount price is $184.99 single and $369.99 twin engine set.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Next is the Cobra Venom 16x system.
This system is compatible with Yamaha single and twin engine boats up to 2018 excluding the twin engine articulating keel jet boats.
The system consists of two adjustable tempered aluminum fins per nozzle .
Each fin has several adjustment settings including the ability to stagger the outer fins when used on twin engine boats obtaining the same variable steering influence as previously discussed .
This system can provide steering assistance at all speeds from idle to wide open throttle.
It is our economy set providing several important features at a lower price than the Ultimate system.
Our M S R P on this system is $205 single and $365 twin system, our buy direct price is $164.99 single and $324 twin set,
This system is compatible with the mega fang plus or the A K fang set upgrade also.
View picture below.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If there are any compatibility questions regarding mixing and matching of my parts with other parts from other manufacturers or any other questions pertaining to these systems please feel free to email me directly. I will be happy to answer them.
Or just use the search feature on this web site for information on the systems and their compatibility with other systems etc.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Sale begins now and will run to the last day of the year or with a 24 hour notice if that becomes necessary.
These sale prices can not be combined with other discounts or offers.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just returned from picking up the new parts I needed for the Ultimate AK-19 steering system to work on all the 2019 boats both single engine and twin engine. I hope to get these ready for sale very soon.
I also am putting together a kit that will allow the fins on the surf point setups to be straight while the nozzles are angled inward. This kit will be easy to add to the existing systems for surf point .

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here is the new Ultimate A K-19 single engine system , with the wider stance and it can also be applied to any of the 19 foot boats equipped with the style nozzle and reverse that are shown in the picture as well as the new 2019 nozzles , that are still not available for purchase. This system just like the original ultimate system is spring loaded adjustable and can be set to stay deployed in the water at all speeds for excellent steering and tracking at any speed.
Having the fins further apart gives them more travel for more influence at docking and no wake mode plus more exposure to the water at planning speeds.

Attachments

Last edited:

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just returned from picking up the new parts I needed for the Ultimate AK-19 steering system to work on all the 2019 boats both single engine and twin engine. I hope to get these ready for sale very soon.
I also am putting together a kit that will allow the fins on the surf point setups to be straight while the nozzles are angled inward. This kit will be easy to add to the existing systems for surf point .
Jeff, is that kit for the surf point boats you mentioned above available for sale?

Thanks!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have all the parts on hand and it is pretty simple to do but I have been so busy I have not had time to do the install sheets but I can tell you how to do it. it adjusts the fins on the ak magnums to compensate for the surf point angles

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have all the parts on hand and it is pretty simple to do but I have been so busy I have not had time to do the install sheets but I can tell you how to do it. it adjusts the fins on the ak magnums to compensate for the surf point angles
Great! I’ll send you an email. Any issues with a difference in angles between the mega fangs and the soon to be straightened AK fins?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The A K fangs are attached to the fins so they will also point in the correct direction while the nozzles are angled inward.
The mega fangs can be tweaked slightly as the holes are larger than the 6mm bolts to allow this so if you loosen the small bolts you should be able to change the angle of the mega fangs sufficiently so there is no problem with those

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Troch1 I sent you an email with the info and pictures

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok so while this sale lasts I now have the Ultimate AK-19 for the single engine Yamaha jet boats ready for sale and I have the installation instructions finished.
This will be a very effective system for the 2019- 19 foot boat .
The wider stance of the fins will make them even more effective on this hull as they will be exposed to more water when the boat is on plane without hanging down lower.
The fins will be exactly the same as the regular Ultimate fins however the side force stabilizer and the actuator will be different to accommodate the new wider nozzle and reverse bucket.
The settings will be the same with the ability to set the fins in all time mode to a variety of influence settings or set the actuator to the up position so the fins retract at speed.
This system is also spring loaded as is the regular Ultimate.
This system is very clean between the fins under the nozzle to avoid any unnecessary high speed drag or water spray .
The fins extent approximately 2 inches past the end of the nozzle to avoid adding any undo stresses in high speed turns . The fins are the same 3/16 thick 6061-t6 tempered aluminum fins as the regular Ultimates for very low drag at speed and very high strength in turns.
The side force stabilizer also acts as a fin stop like the original side force stabilizer on the regular Ultimate steering. Both side force styabilizer and actuator are also made of tempered aluminum.
Because the nozzles are different this system is not compatible with the mega fang plus or the lateral thrusters. Anyone wishing to be the FIRST person to try this new system on their 2019 Yamaha please contact me directly . I would like to have a few people try this out and give a report on it's capabilities etc. I have a special deal for the first few people who try this just as I always do.
Just as the original Ultimate everything is bolt on so no drilling or modifying your original pump parts would be necessary that way you can try it and if you don't like it no problem just take it off and send it back. Having a problem with the boat wandering at speed, or being lethargic in high speed turns, difficulties controlling the boat at the dock or in wind and waves or heavy boat traffic areas.
loosing control if you decelerate too rapidly even spinning out in that situation, want a lot more control when pulling tubes or wake boards etc. Want guest operators to feel comfortable when they take the helm , Just send me an Email . jeff@cobrajetsteering.com

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds good, Jeff.
I have some questions.
I’m thinking of upgrading to the new 2019 pumps at some point.

I wonder what your thoughts are on running Cobra fins like the AKs w/ the 2019 nozzles/buckets but I suppose without the Fangs...?

My current system is working extremely well.

One could always use more lateral thrust in tight docking situations and the new pumps seem to address that, or I could mount the JBP LTs like @ttzz has done.

Frankly, the new OEM would be my preferred way to go for lateral thrust boost, and then adding Cobras to boost steering.

BUT - I wouldn’t want that at the expense of turning and steering stability at speed - in other words I’m not sure if it would be wise to trade my current system for new nozzles with Cobras but without Fangs... If that makes sense?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

ok @swatski said
I have some questions.
I’m thinking of upgrading to the new 2019 pumps at some point. " I would leave those alone, forgetaboutit"

I wonder what your thoughts are on running Cobra fins like the AKs w/ the 2019 nozzles/buckets but I suppose without the Fangs...? I have people with 2019 twin engine boats using the magnum ak-19 , obviously the mega fang or lateral thruster are not compatible. But I do have a modified ak fang that does work with the 2019 systems.

My current system is working extremely well. You know my feeling if it ain't broken don't screw with it

One could always use more lateral thrust in tight docking situations and the new pumps seem to address that, or I could mount the JBP LTs like @ttzz has done. You could with your present system but not with the new nozzles .

Frankly, the new OEM would be my preferred way to go for lateral thrust boost, and then adding Cobras to boost steering. go back to the first answer

BUT - I wouldn’t want that at the expense of turning and steering stability at speed - in other words I’m not sure if it would be wise to trade my current system for new nozzles with Cobras but without Fangs... If that makes sense?
Ok Just wait for the new stuff I am patiently waiting on. The order has been in for a while and the people were supposed to call me back today but no call yet damn it.

They know why I have been calling .
Actually not only do I have the super system fins coming out but I can even add the extra width to your system placing the new fins out even further because the further out the more influence they have and the more travel they have as well.
That coupled with the ak fangs would be a hell of a lot less expensive and you can keep your mega fangs on if you want in tandem with the ak fangs .
Wicked stuff just don't do any 180's at 52 mph without a seat belt on.
Additionally you can even add the surf point kit to adjust the fins to compensate for the angle of the nozzles if you use the surf point settings, it's like a huge 14 dollars extra.
Not to upset anyone but so far the reason I say forgetabout it is that people that I talk to don't really see any big improvement with the new reverse and due to all the parts you would need to buy it is just not cost effective for any little improvement you may realize, so perhaps find someone with one of those boats and get a test drive and see what you think. I have a member here that just put the A K fangs on his magnum ak -19 system and I am waiting for his opinion after having just the steering added. It's my way of doing things , ask the hens not the fox.
Remember I am just the messenger I never tried them. And I probably never will.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just a few days left for these sale prices so take advantage of this offer while it lasts

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
From now until December 31 2018 I will also include the Mega Fang Plus systems in this sale offering a 20 percent discount on those.