• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Colonial pipeline

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sheetz here in Greenville, NC were dry too. The gas stations next too them were loving it though. The fact Sheetz was out fueled the hysteria and the Speedway station next to it had lines backed up out into road. Rest of stations around town were business as usual except prices jumped from 2.06 to 2.16 overnight.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sheetz seems to be takin it hardest first. Local shell station had some bags on pump handles too.

palmettosunshine

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Other
Seemed to be business as usual here in Myrtle Beach. I ran over to Costco as soon as I saw the news story and there were no lines and the price was the same as a few days ago. Wife saw a ten cent increase at a station by where she was working today. Guess we'll see what happens in the next few days.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought you would be 3D printing a filter system to scoop up and reuse that 250,000 gallons of fuel?

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don't know what all the fuss is about....

IMG_0088.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The leak and spill is in the county I live in, roughly about 25 minutes from my house. Local media has been talking about it but national media is silent for the most part. Some areas in TN already out of fuel. The bad part is that it's near the Cahaba River with lots of underground springs. A lot our drinking water comes from the Cahaba so if it seeps in there we are screwed. Cleanup crews haven't been able to stay in the containment pond for long as it's too dangerous with fumes. State of emergency here.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/09/bentley_declares_state_of_emer.html

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nc has a state of emergency too.... I stopped at a sheets in wilson yesterday and it was out of fuel... along with the one here in zebulon... other stations were fine. We filled both of our cars yesterday. If I am not pulling the boat then mine if driven a few miles a week... so we now have an ought to make it through... and the boat is 3/4 full ands well. But it's gonna get bad for some people out there..

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boat is full...the fuel providers will use this as a reason to hike prices. Not a diesel shortage but i know the crooks we have to buy from will jack the price up anyway.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
.10 is a reasonable hike to offset increased delivery costs. Folks would get in serious trouble if they jumped it by a 1.00 or something crazy.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The way I ubslderstand it that is one of the reasons for a state of emergency in nc... it allows the state to monitor prices and prevent gouging. .

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Damn just checked the spill containment map and it's not 25 minutes from my house. It's like 5 minutes from my house! It's literally right next to the Cahaba River in the Cahaba Wildlife Management Area in Coalmont. I used to ride my dirt bikes and atv out there. Aerial footage looks like a huge rusty pond :(

If this stuff seaps into the Cahaba it's going to be pretty bad for a lot of people and animals. For those that don't live here, the Cahaba is an important river not only for drinking but that it also flows into other rivers. It's a great recreational river too for canoeing and spotting wildlife. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cahaba_River

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used to swim in those ponds as a teenager. My backyard basically faces the CWMA.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It wonder if setting the gasoline on fire would be a better option than letting it seap into the river. I know it would cause quite an explosion and localized damage but if it gets into the river that will be a huge mess.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was wondering the same @Bruce . It would be a huge explosion but honestly I'd rather they burn it off than dump all sorts of chemicals and who knows what else into the containment pond that could make things worse in the long run. I drove down the county road by my house this morning before filling up my truck and there are signs all up now to blocked dirt roads that lead to the CWMA and Coalmont. My guess for not burning it off is the Coalmont area is a large section of land that is used for strip mining methane gas and fear they could really make matters worse. I don't know. I'm not as concerned about the gas shortage as they have a temporary by-pass in place and are also using another parallel line that normally supplies diesel for the time being. It's the cleanup and potential health risk that bothers me. I'm not a greenie environomentalist either, just concerned about losing a big artery.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's an old thread of mine on advrider where I show some pictures of the area http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/exploring-old-alabama.752640/. That Tacoa Minerals sign is the company that does all the strip mining in Coalmont. They are posted all over the CWMA. It's a beautiful area to ride and the Cahaba has many canoe launch sites all down the river.

TheGreekTitan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very long lines, and a lot of closed stations here in the Atlanta metro area too.

People panicking as usual for this area.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A buddy of mine in Winston Salem NC is facing the fuel shortage as well. He posted that it isn't easy finding fuel now. I can't imagine going through that.

To me that's end of the world stuff. Can't fathom not being able to find fuel.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To me that's end of the world stuff. Can't fathom not being able to find fuel.
In September of 2000 @Rana and I were living outside of Cabridge, England. One day while I was away in London a fuel tax protest shut down access to all of the refineries. I had left my car at the train station in Cambridge. By the time I got back from London all of the petrol (gas) stations had sold out. I parked our car in the garage with half a tank.

Most people in England including ourselves had small refrigerators and groceries stores or markets within walking distance. It was commonplace to only have a few days of food in the home. I believe it was four days before the petrol supply was restored. Two to three days in the grocery store shelves started to run out. We always knew that we could go to one of the US air bases nearby if things got bad. But for the average Brit it must have been quite concerning.

The 2000 section of this article on British Fuel Protests covers it well https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_protests_in_the_United_Kingdom

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
price jumped $0.30 at a BP station by the house. Bunch of crap. Sheetz stations are all out of gas near here. People are lined up about 6 deep at the private gas stations that usually get very little business. Going to be interesting for a couple of days.

Taking a road trip to Virginia all week. May need to pack my bug out bag to take with me in case I have to walk home. Thank god the truck holds 33 gallons...