• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Compression and Spark Plug Help!!!

Ameyer76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just received a call from dealer servicing boat. Took the boat to get preseason service completed. They called to let me know that compression in port side engine was a little low. Then they told me that service tech had a hard time removing one of the spark plugs. They said they found a little rust on the plugs. Now they are saying they cannot reinstall the plug. They want me to authorize them to open the engine up and assess the issue with A possible partial rebuild. Help!

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Seems suspicious to me. He may have had a hard time but did he get the plug out? If so, I don’t understand why he can’t one back in. I’d certainly ask the dealer this question.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just pulled plugs on my 195, one had some corrosion on it. Put in new plugs and runs great.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What kind of boat mechanic wouldn't try a thread chaser before condemning the engine.
Get it out of there if they wont run a tap through it

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Probably plug number 2 a dealer of Yamaha jet boats who works on mr1 engines should be familiar with this issue many posts about it over the years do a search here and on other Yamaha jet boat forums and bring your lunch