• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Conexxt screen replacement

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi all,

Anybody attempt replacing their Conexxt screen themselves? Does it need to be programmed at the dealer? Anyway to handle this to avoid the dealer and having to give them 5K for this job? Thanks

Rob

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had mine replaced last year by the dealer, under warranty. But I’m two hours a way so I asked him if it was easy to replace and he said yes. So he sent it to me by FedEx and I replaced it myself, no programming was required.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They told you $5k so more than $3k for labor? That’s outrageous!

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was not quoted that by a dealer but after reading numerous threads that seemed to be the going rate. Even 3K seems outrageous. The part lists for $2300, so $700 for labor? It looks like it's retained by four screws. How long can that take??

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You’re right, it’s four screws and one plug from what I remember. Took me maybe 30 mins tops and I don’t recall any issues.