• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connectx system and "Err" speed

tfsnowrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just in case anybody is still following this thread or having issues with the Err message on the Connext speed reporting...
My dealer called Yamaha who was unaware of this issue. The dealer tech wants me to bring in the boat so they can diagnose the issue. I'd rather just try the reflash first but they're being annoying. The lingering question for me is: were the successful re-flashes due to updated firmware, or just overwriting with the standard flash to fix something corrupted? New tachs seemed to work for @t.gordon which I would assume had the original factory firmware.

I've thrown caution to the wind and purchased an OEM tach (F3F-U8245-60-00) for $385 from partzilla. They, in-turn had to order one directly from Yamaha. Hopefully it has the latest firmware if the fix was a result of an update to the 2016 firmware. When it arrives, I'll replace the port side tach and test it out. I'll update in a couple weeks!

Last edited:

tfsnowrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Speed "Err" problem fixed!
Tach took less than 10 min to drop right in. Motored around for abot 30 min with zero errors. Performed several trial connext speed controlled runs with no issues! Very excited to have this working when none of my local dealers are familiar with the issue and the Yamaha reps that they called aren't either. Thanks to all that posted their experiences and fixes in this thread!