• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext missing Tower Lights and Washdown touch buttons

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
My connext was replaced, now I am missing the tower light and washdown touch buttons. Is there a way to add them back? I would perfer not going back to Dealership if I can fix it. Thanks for any help in this matter!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try entering diagnostic mode by holding system control button for 5 seconds. Should allow you to access and reset system. Could give that a try

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They may have selected the wrong boat model when they installed it which is a software setting that I am not sure an end user can modify.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does this mean that all connext models have the ability to change the buttons available on screen.

I ask b/c I actually added a shower and tower lights and would LOVE to use connext to integrate them directly into the screen.

Not sure about the outputs on these units but could there be a way to tap into the right connections and control my tower lights and shower independently?

This is probably something @Mainah would know....any ideas of this is feasible. Right now my towers are wired into the courtesy lights which I'd prefer they be independent if possible although they do dim nicely. And the shower would be nice but isn't a big deal since the switch is next to my hose anyways in the transom storage.

Would be super kool though!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That depends if the spu hardware is different on the inside or not my guess is with only 2 pin out added for a 242 ls it could be the same but without wires in the harness forit. One would need to add a posivte tower light lead to pin 25 on the larger spu connector and a positive shower lead to pin 33 on the same connector. The connector does come apart so inserting new pins should be a breeze. If you already happen to have wires in there for these pins then you will just need to inseet fuses into the tiny fuse box by the batteries. I will have to check which sockets on that. Keep in mind for loads higher than factory you will need a relay.

I would say worth a try as long as you can switch the model back. Keep in mind that a 4 star CA model will have a different model code than 3 star non CA model. So if you have a 4 star ar 240 make sure you get a 4 star 242 code and record your old code. Same goes for 3 star.

@Jackew - Is your boat 3 star or 4 star. Mine is 4 and I will be able to post up the code this weekend.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will take a photo of the stickers on my boat indicating 4 star. It has to do with emissions. 4 star models have catalytic converters and some associated sensors. It may not matter for connext but given the way everything networked better to be safe if I were a ar240 owner trying this.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Mainah

Where can I determine my star rating?

Also it sounds like this is feasible....I just need to have my installer review electrical..
Identify the correct pins on the connext, add fuses and connect to the lights and tower and it should work?

Appreciate the insight, if this works I will consider my boat an AR240 Limited Sport,lol

Would only be missing docking lights which I assume can be added later although I don't intend to

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will take photos of multiple spots where you can determine 4 star. I also belive it is in the model numbers of the engines some how but dont recall how to determine from that. Perhaps a search for 4 star here or the faq section will turn up the answer.

Feasible yes but certainly not confirmed. I am making some reasonable assumptions based my experience with these models and networked electronics. Safety measures should be taken to test first. If you have someone who trully understands circuits then you should be ok. If not I would weigh the risk vs reward. The risk being frying the spu or not being able to change back your connext to what it should be.