• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext screen too bright

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I went out the other night and I found the connext screen too bright, even on the lowest brightness setting (5%). Does anyone else feel this way? The brightness limited my visibility, especially my visibility towards the starboard side.

I'm not sure there is really anything we can do, I almost wish I could turn off the backlight while underway. I am most likely going to roll up a hoodie and block the screen while underway at night

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a day mode and a night mode, just make sure its going into night mode.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can turn mine down to a very dim glow

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had it on night mode and the lowest possible settings, 5% and it was still too bright. When I covered it I could see much better. Basically you lose a decent amount of vision especially on the starboard side.

I'll probably just throw a hoodie bunched up on the screen next outing, I was just surprised by the decreased visibility....

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine is too bright at night as well. I usually have to partially put the cover on it to preserve my night vision.

JasonSchoenrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone been able to get Connext actually down to 5%? Even at 5% night mode, it's still so bright I have to use something to cover the screen. Is there a hack for this?

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I plan on 3D printing a frame/bracket and epoxying a piece of tinted plexus glass to it. So I can cover it at night and no brightness issues. Had to do the same thing on the military boats.

Chief

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Me too...Way to bright! Ijust cover the screen with the OEM cover.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just FYI, connect can overheat with the cover on, and won’t come back until you reset it. I usually just toss a t shirt over it

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just FYI, connect can overheat with the cover on, and won’t come back until you reset it. I usually just toss a t shirt over it
Right, I was planning on having small vent holes along the edges of the plastic 3D pinted frame/braket so it could breathe.