• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext USB Issue

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
While on the water this weekend, my Connext system started acting up. With an iPhone plugged into the USB port, it says connecting but never will. So, I unplugged that and plugged in my Android based phone into the Aux port instead. Then while riding, the system constantly tried to swap back over to USB even though there was nothing plugged into the USB port. Then I switched it to the radio and it still did the same thing, constantly trying to connect to USB with nothing plugged into that port. It was incredibly obnoxious and we couldn't listen to much music with it acting up. Anybody seen this and know what's going on or do I just need to add it to the list of things to have looked at by the dealer? Thanks!

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, it would be best to take it to the dealer.
My connext has a glitch when on Bluetooth. I try to add a check mark on the box to delete previous Bluetooth connections but when I touch the box, it tries to search for that connection instead.
I took my boat to a Yamaha dealer this last Friday and was informed that they have an update that needs to be done on it.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While on the water this weekend, my Connext system started acting up. With an iPhone plugged into the USB port, it says connecting but never will. So, I unplugged that and plugged in my Android based phone into the Aux port instead. Then while riding, the system constantly tried to swap back over to USB even though there was nothing plugged into the USB port. Then I switched it to the radio and it still did the same thing, constantly trying to connect to USB with nothing plugged into that port. It was incredibly obnoxious and we couldn't listen to much music with it acting up. Anybody seen this and know what's going on or do I just need to add it to the list of things to have looked at by the dealer? Thanks!
Sounds like possible loose wiring or corrosion in the usb/aux connector.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have exact same issue with mine. It's corrosion on the connector. Those connections at the helm don't seem to be designed for outdoor use and corrode fast. Unplug the usb cable from the back of the head unit and plug your ipod in there and see if it goes away. Mine works better there and it's out of the elements and direct sun anyways.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have exact same issue with mine. It's corrosion on the connector. Those connections at the helm don't seem to be designed for outdoor use and corrode fast. Unplug the usb cable from the back of the head unit and plug your ipod in there and see if it goes away. Mine works better there and it's out of the elements and direct sun anyways.
I'll give that a shot this weekend. Pretty disappointing on its third trip out!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you use di electric grease on USB ports? I was thinking of doing this.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can you use di electric grease on USB ports? I was thinking of doing this.
I was thinking of using some electrical contact cleaner on mine and seeing if it changed anything.

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

I just picked up my new 2018 212X and it has the same issue, doesn't work with android, iPhone or plain usb, just says connecting and never connects. The dealer told me it's just gof charging and not music.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just picked up my new 2018 212X and it has the same issue, doesn't work with android, iPhone or plain usb, just says connecting and never connects. The dealer told me it's just gof charging and not music.
That’s BS find a new dealer.

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That’s BS find a new dealer.

Just got done meeting the Yamaha service rep and he showed me a USB thumb stick that worked and upon closer inspection it is a USB 2.0 device formatted fat 32

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it does more than charge like the dealer said lol.

AndyF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did Yamaha make major connext changes on 2018 models? Seems lots of connext issues on 2018 but not on 2017.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It went to 12” with navigation I don’t know about anything else.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length