• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext USB Port

Cheeky Monkey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi All !
Just bought a new '19 Yamaha 242 Limited SE. The last boat I had was over 15 years ago. A little 20' SeaDoo Challanger. Things have since moved on a lot in the jet boat world.
Anyway, does anyone know how you can play music using a USB flash drive?
I have a SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.1. It's pretty much a standard jump drive. Formatted (exFAT). Works perfectly when used in every other USB but not on the Yamaha Connext system. I know the USB port is working fine because it detects it and shows a "Music" file. But it won't show any contents or play anything. The Bluetooth works OK but I don't want to use my phone as a music source over the flash drive option.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I loaded a usb flash drive with music at first it didnt play then I powered Connext on and off played some blue tooth then went to the USB and it started playing . It must do something when powering on and off to recognize the USB

Cheeky Monkey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I contacted Fusion and this is what they have just confirmed... The music files must be formatted as MP3 files. The flash drive cannot exceed 16GB and no more than 250 songs per folder. If more than 250 songs start another folder.