• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Considering a move to TN

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm at Palisades. My old man retired from the Byron Station. We just replaced our RO Unit with a leased one from Suez. I pushed for that change cuz our old unit had been in place since 1991!
Well if that system gets out of line let me know, I’ll contact my counterpart that deals with the nuke sites!!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It’s not my view on cannabis, ask anyone that treats these people. Most of not all the counselors and therapists in my girlfriend’s office are dyed in the wool liberals, about as left as it gets. Not one of them agrees with legalizing marijuana. Whether you care to continue a discussion or not does not affect my life one bit. Frankly it says a lot. You go ahead and keep your views in the northwest, I’ll take mine and head somewhere successful.
Have fun in TN, great bass fishing.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While not wanting to get into politics, the facts around Illinois' total tax burden and population flight speak for themselves. IRS data: Illinois lost people and income to every neighboring state on net (Yes, I am sure that source is biased in some way.)

Living in SE Wisconsin, I've had a lower bowl seat to observe the fiscal fiasco in IL. Whether one is on left or right, the math is clear: already-among-the-highest-total-tax-burdens, coupled with inability to reign in current spending, plus very large and growing and underfunded public pension obligations, plus net population flight equals major problems.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

addfw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I moved to TX a few years ago but I must say that eastern TN is the pretty amazing. The mountains are gorgeous.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but just letting anyone interested in this thread know the decision is made and we are headed south. We are targeting June 2020, after school is out here. My territory includes TN, and I’m heading to Chattanooga and Nashville next week for some business and I’ll be doing some window shopping for neighborhoods while I’m there. I was about 2 seconds from taking the boat with me next week, maybe even storing down there for the winter. Last minute I found a sweet deal indoors near home. I’ll update once things get clearer, maybe I’ll make this jump easier for the other suckers...I mean Illinoisans who are dying to get out!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but just letting anyone interested in this thread know the decision is made and we are headed south. We are targeting June 2020, after school is out here. My territory includes TN, and I’m heading to Chattanooga and Nashville next week for some business and I’ll be doing some window shopping for neighborhoods while I’m there. I was about 2 seconds from taking the boat with me next week, maybe even storing down there for the winter. Last minute I found a sweet deal indoors near home. I’ll update once things get clearer, maybe I’ll make this jump easier for the other suckers...I mean Illinoisans who are dying to get out!
Keep us posted. Would love to follow!

OakleyAK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Currently live in Chatt and love it. It’s gonna be hot down here next week! Hope you enjoy, and there are some awesome more local-ish restaurants here.

Be sure to check out the Hixson and even Soddy area. Ooltewah is nice but I’m afraid with all the expansions going on, that the infrastructure won’t be able to support it.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’d love something close to the water, Hixson and Soddy have some nice spots. Harrison has some nice homes too from what I’ve seen.

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Norris Lake is the best like I’ve ever been to. The water is amazing and tons of marinas. Also tons of Yamahas

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Norris looks pretty good, I’m keeping that area a possibility.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If i didn't absolutely love the school my kids were in and worked for family, i would be in TN or the carolinas. We hope to vacation these spots a lot in the future till we know we can move. As said the lakes are awesome, the mountains beautiful, but the salt water has been calling us too. Bimini solidified that! Tn would be very central for us family wise. Florida, texas, colorado, illinois, indiana, michigan.
Coming over the mountains en route to florida with a fog in the valleys in the morning really is pretty awesome.