• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Considering an AR210

Here in the North our seasons are 3-4 months. I plan on using shipping cover for winter, unless i can find a good price on shrink wrap. Although if i do that it cant be worked on till i pull it off in the spring, so i am not sure. If i get approval from the Admiral for a 15 x 30 boat garage, that would be the best. I want it bigger in case we go longer boat in future.

Just purchased our 2008 AR 210 from a dealer. It passed their multi-point inspection so was confident it was good. Took it out for maiden voyage and while we are new to jet boats the hole shot was not what I was expecting, not good at all. Seemed to take forever to plain out and no way we were pulling a wake boarder out. Is this normal for a AR210 or is something wrong?

Just purchased our 2008 AR 210 from a dealer. It passed their multi-point inspection so was confident it was good. Took it out for maiden voyage and while we are new to jet boats the hole shot was not what I was expecting, not good at all. Seemed to take forever to plain out and no way we were pulling a wake boarder out. Is this normal for a AR210 or is something wrong?
When I first starting looking at Yamahas, I found a lot of complaints on the interwebs of the older model sx/ar 210s to be underpowered. Not sure of the newer ones, I'm sure people will chime in.

I get on plane very quickly and it jumps out of the hole. I can pull a 3 person tube with 6 on board no problem. Mine is a 2020.

Last edited:
That is not normal you may have some trash in your pumps and it is cavitating

That is not normal you may have some trash in your pumps and it is cavitating
Set it back to the dealer, seems there was some leaf and twigs debris in the pumps. Not sure where it came from as there wasn't any where we launched. Going to check the wear rings and impellers. Hopefully that resolves it.

Ok I seriously doubt there was anything wrong with the boat.
Boats are all different and jet boats have some unusual characteristics that you learn over time.
For instance your boat has 2 huge vacuum cleaners under the hull, so in shallow water you must be very careful about sucking things off the bottom and you must be careful about backing the boat off the trailer also as the reverse thrust stirs up the bottom and sends trash and weeds into the pump. You need to pay attention to the water surface as you run the boat and avoid patches of weeds and you should not keep running the boat if there is trash in the pumps because you can overheat the engines as the pump provides the cooling water, the list goes on and on and no matter how many years you have at the helm you will continue to learnt the idiosyncrasies of your jet boat. These forums can help with the learning curve.
Use the search option on the top right of this forum when you have questions about something and you can draw from the wisdom of the members, I have a saying that lessons are expensive unless you can learn from other peoples mistakes and on these forums there is a world of knowledge available for the taking.

Appreciate all the feedback. Dealer took it back and are going to replace the impeller housings with new.

ok one more important and really unbelievable fact that can save your life, when operating a boat in salt water near an electrical storm " thunder storm" the driver of a boat is at risk of electrocution from the lightening more than the passengers as he or she is holding the controls and the steering wheel that are both grounded to the salt water and salt water on average conducts electricity about 1 million times better that fresh water . here is the explanation,
Sea water is a better conductor because it has dissolved and dissociated ions.
Explanation:
"The conductivity of water depends on the concentration of dissolved ions in solution.
The units of conductivity are Siemens per meter S/m.
Deionized water by its nature has very few ions. Its conductivity is about 5.5μS/m.
Sea water has a relatively large number of Sodium and Chloride ions and has a conductivity of around 5S/m. This is because the Sodium Chloride salt dissociates into ions.
Hence sea water is about a million times more conductive than fresh water."

So don't play around near thunder storms when boating in salt water !

Back