• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Controlling Spiders

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i wet slip my boat and it always gets covered with spider webs inside and out. I brought my boat home and now my garage is infested. Anybody have a good product they use on their boat to keep them out and kill them? I do cover the boat at the slip.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’ll be curious to hear some feedback on this too. I power washed the snot out of my dock last fall. That coupled with a cold winter has kept a large majority of the spiders away this season. But it’s only a matter of time, especially since my neighbors dock is infested.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Adding picture for posterity because that link will be broken eventually.

s-l1600.png

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Probably a better option for the garage but you'd want to be sensitive if using a product like this over the water.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just picked up a product from local chem distributor I use for work and am testing it on 4 docks in area for free... they claim it will last for 30-90days pending environmental conditions. It repels spiders but will also kill what is there at time of application.

Manufacture claimed it would actually dissolve the spider webs so no need to remove them. I will let you know what I find out.

Ps it's a natural product.

jvegas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
dog flea collars work great. just place them in storage compartments. Ive used this trick on my camper for 3 years and works like a charm.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback. I did look online but I don’t want. to waiste money on something that doesn’t actually work.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just picked up a product from local chem distributor I use for work and am testing it on 4 docks in area for free... they claim it will last for 30-90days pending environmental conditions. It repels spiders but will also kill what is there at time of application.

Manufacture claimed it would actually dissolve the spider webs so no need to remove them. I will let you know what I find out.

Ps it's a natural product.
Let us know how it works.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
dog flea collars work great. just place them in storage compartments. Ive used this trick on my camper for 3 years and works like a charm.
Didn’t know this thanks. I could wrap them around the tower too

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone ever use Miss Muffets Revenge it has good reviews on Amazon.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Demon WP. I use to use this twice a year at my dock. Kills them dead and they stay away for about 2-3 months. Look it up on Amazon. I mixed 2 packets per 1 gallon of water in a sprayer.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My marina has a roof way up high over the boat so I’m thinking I need to treat the boat because I wouldn’t be able to spray up that high.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Demon WP. I use to use this twice a year at my dock. Kills them dead and they stay away for about 2-3 months. Look it up on Amazon. I mixed 2 packets per 1 gallon of water in a sprayer.
This has really good reviews. I put it in the wish list for now.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You need to be careful with demon and any other chemical. Demon WP is a wetable powder so liquid Carrie's the product and then it dries and leaves active ingrediants on surfaces.

If you over spray or liquid drips off into water can cause issues (I have to say that being licensed professional). I personally believe the amount would need to be extreme for it to cause harm, but I'm not an enforcement agency that might give you grief.

The product I am going to be using is older and been rebranded/formulated. It's natural and main product is vinegar.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone ever use Miss Muffets Revenge it has good reviews on Amazon.
One lady I am headed out to said she used miss muffet it worked until it rained and then product was gone.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This thread makes my skin crawl. I hate spiders!