• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Controlling Spiders

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You need to be careful with demon and any other chemical. Demon WP is a wetable powder so liquid Carrie's the product and then it dries and leaves active ingrediants on surfaces.

If you over spray or liquid drips off into water can cause issues (I have to say that being licensed professional). I personally believe the amount would need to be extreme for it to cause harm, but I'm not an enforcement agency that might give you grief.

The product I am going to be using is older and been rebranded/formulated. It's natural and main product is vinegar.
Do you think we’ll be able to spray it on our cover and tops without de-water proofing them and when is it going to available.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anything containing pyrethrum will repel spiders, but is [supposedly] not harmful to them.

-Greg

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you think we’ll be able to spray it on our cover and tops without de-water proofing them and when is it going to available.
I'll test it in that application on an old bimini top I have and see what happens.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
X’s a hundred on Demon wettable powder. Just be smart using it....don’t spray it where your kids will lick it up or where your pets eat, etc. follow the instructions.

Treat where the spiders nest and hide... up underneath the dock where it doesn’t rain. In the garage, get the corners at ceiling and floor and anywhere they might get a draft.

Spiders are tough to kill because their legs are so small making it hard to get the poison into their system. That’s where Demon comes into play because of the small particle size.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So far the product I used is going on 2 weeks and having great success. Haven't had any of the test docks come back and say they are having spiders at all.

One of the ladies told me no matter what after 2 days spider webs are back up over her cameras. This coming Monday will be 14 days and she hasnt seen one yet.

Tested on local sales dock as well with huge spider issue will be stopping by next week to check on that.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The product I am going to be using is older and been rebranded/formulated. It's natural and main product is vinegar.
Can you tell us what is it, is it available for sale to general public?

--

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you tell us what is it, is it available for sale to general public?

--
It was web out I believe. They are changing to web away and updating formula some

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
changed the mooring cover to a black one along with black dock lines and fenders in an attempt to burn them out. Near elimination of swamp bugs and spiders during the summer inside the covered boat.

If anything can survive the extreme tempertures and lack of water in there it is probably smart enough to go live somewhere else where life is easier.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This stuff works great! Indoors it kills for about a year. Outdoors about 4 months. I spray a line about a foot wide just inside the garage doors, bugs don't make it past it. This bottle will last forever.
Screenshot_20180901-075504_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This stuff works great! Indoors it kills for about a year. Outdoors about 4 months. I spray a line about a foot wide just inside the garage doors, bugs don't make it past it. This bottle will last forever.
View attachment 82585
But can you use it without regard on a dock? I have plenty of other products I use daily. My issue has been many of my customers having spiders on their private docks without a natural product to treat it with that lasts.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But can you use it without regard on a dock? I have plenty of other products I use daily. My issue has been many of my customers having spiders on their private docks without a natural product to treat it with that lasts.
I can use it without regard but i don't stress thing like this. I wouldn't dump gallons into the lake, but I'm ok with a bit leaking in. If you want something that won't hurt the tiniest aquatic lava, then go natural with lizards, mantis, birds, etc. There is no such thing as a natural spider control chemical. I sprayed some in the compartments under the seats, engine, etc.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can use it without regard but i don't stress thing like this. I wouldn't dump gallons into the lake, but I'm ok with a bit leaking in. If you want something that won't hurt the tiniest aquatic lava, then go natural with lizards, mantis, birds, etc. There is no such thing as a natural spider control chemical. I sprayed some in the compartments under the seats, engine, etc.
Unfortunately I cannot as I own pest control company I can get fined for looking at a spider wrong sometimes it seems.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the upcoming season, Bifen I/T Insecticide is what I use for our vacation place. Once dry, it'll last outdoors for about 3 months, depending on rainfall. No, it's not gentle for Wisefam's needs, nor is it for someone who's sensitive to such things. I recommend the size I linked to. I purchase it by the gallon, as I use it for the house and boathouse to control spiders and help maintain cleanliness to the outside of those structures, and I also started doing the neighbors' houses who wished to "assist" with the cost of the product. One neighbor used a service to spray once a month, at a cost of $60/month, using this exact chemical. He is a "year-rounder" to the area and came up with the idea of everyone else chipping in since I was willing to do the spraying. I used to work for a company that did such jobs, so I had/have the equipment. Easy, simple, and quite economical. 1 oz per gallon is all it takes for complete control. It's up to you to determine if it'll discolor any such thing you're spraying. I've got white siding, the neighbor has slate gray and some black trim...no issues over several years of spraying for him, but YMMV. We are also planning to test what level we can use to control the obnoxious mosquito population. I used the same ratio on my yard last year, and it was ridiculous - you could stand in my yard shirtless with no issues, but as soon as you crossed the road and walked on his lawn in the shade, you were swarmed, and this was in the middle of the afternoon! Can't recommend that stuff enough, but it's not for the hugger of trees type.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
P.S. the stuff I linked to is the same active ingredient as the Talstar, only cheaper. It's essentially the "generic" version of Talstar. Both are quite effective @ 1 oz / gallon.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
These are hedge apples. Old farmers here in the Midwest place them in their basements to repel spiders and other insects. They don’t rot very fast, not sure if you get them in NC but they’re plentiful here.
991E03BB-FC53-4C8E-8961-4B222654AFFD.jpeg

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Ah, I could never figure out what these “fruit” ate but I have seen them in several places locally. Interesting for you to post them here, I’ll have to get some this summer and try them out.