• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Converting a Limited S E-series to a 242X

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
E/X series wiring and ecu I/O connections are materially different. That said I don't think the AR is that much different from the LS. Just tower, docking, and lights I think are far as electrical controls. I don't have a wiring diagram for an AR to confirm if the I/O was swapped on the gateway but that might just work to get an two more screen buttons that could be wired off the gateway.

I really do recommend buying tech manuals with the wiring diagrams if you are headed down this path.

Good luck

Last edited:

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok thank you for the information.

RYAN LATREILLE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you get anywhere on this? Being a Computer guy you are spot on. Why do we need to purchase Perfect Pass? The 242 e series just has a couple "switches" enables in the connext control system. I am not having any luck and have been searching and asking for a year now.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've known all the programming lies in the connext system. The only problem is I do believe you need special software or key to reset the connext system. I can get it to change the profile code, it then tells me that I need to reset the connext system for new settings to take place. I don't know much about the E series but I do know that the Limited S is not much off from the AR and the connect can unlock features that don't require extra equipment. Being GPS based already I'm willing to bet all the other boats can be used to set rider profiles. The interface should not be that much different than the no wake zone which keeps the boat at RPM range. Now need to tell it to keep it at Speed. :) Plus for mass production purposes they can send all boats out except for the E series and all the dealers would have to do is set the right profile in the boat for the connext. So if your dealer wanted to give you a Limited S profile on an AR, I'm sure they could. If any codes went off they are trained to be able to silence it. Had a long talk with my dealer head service guy. He's been to Yamaha to train on these many times he said. He gave me a round down on how the connext system works. After speaking with him I'm truly amazed in how important the connext is to our boats. I know alot of folks don't like it here, do to it's basic format, but really it's an amazing computer system for our boats IMO. Plus the stereo in it is unmatched for a boat OEM remote.