• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

"cooling water port outlet" part #

Motor353

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2005 Sx230 and both of the starboard aft "cooling ports" are broken and need to be replaced. My manual specifically refers to them as: cooling water port outlets. I cannot find them on any website that show s exploded drawings. Finally called Yamaha Marine and the guy I talked to couldn't find them either!

any help on the proper part number would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Bob

Mine are broke too. Yamaha wants a lot of money from memory for replacement plastic ones. I was gonna order aftermarket aluminum for less money. But I never verified my hose size, so I have not ordered yet. Mine have been broken on the outside of the boat for a few years and boat works great. Maybe next summer I will order.

Just to clarify, the pilot outlets are the ones on the strb side of the boat that indicates water is flowing through the cooling system properly and they stream water whenever the engines are running. The cooling water outlets are the hot water bypass from the thermostat that regulates engine temp, and they're at the stern of the boat under the swim platform and only stream water when the engines reach operating temperature.

Just to clarify, the pilot outlets are the ones on the strb side of the boat that indicates water is flowing through the cooling system properly and they stream water whenever the engines are running. The cooling water outlets are the hot water bypass from the thermostat that regulates engine temp, and they're at the stern of the boat under the swim platform and only stream water when the engines reach operating temperature.

On the 2007+ sx230 (and it would seem on the earlier years from the parts diagram) there are 4 water streams coming out of the side of the boat. There are 2 other outlets in the back that are the exit for the cooling water once it has made it through the cooling system. These are white and large above the jet pump.

Maybe the 212 only has 2 visible pilot pissers on the side? but the 230s have 4. 2 closer to the rear and the other 2 a lithe further forward.

Water pilots? I see original parts are not available for the 2005, they did show a new #, which happens to be the same # for the 2007.
Section: Exhaust 3.

2005 part no. 13.
20210126_085820.jpg

2007 Part #12
20210126_085845.jpg

A bit cheaper at Partzilla, shown above.

Last edited:
On the 2007+ sx230 (and it would seem on the earlier years from the parts diagram) there are 4 water streams coming out of the side of the boat.
Huh...didn't realize they changed it that much over the years (didn't look at jetboats until a few years ago). Yes newer models with HO engines have just 2 pilot outlets for the driver to verify water flow out of both engines, a 190 series has just one engine so one pilot. SVHO engines have 3 pilots per engine to confirm the engine and intercooler is getting water flow and they're on both sides of the boats.

I have a 2005 Sx230 and both of the starboard aft "cooling ports" are broken and need to be replaced. My manual specifically refers to them as: cooling water port outlets. I cannot find them on any website that show s exploded drawings. Finally called Yamaha Marine and the guy I talked to couldn't find them either!

any help on the proper part number would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Bob

Hi Bob,

I believe the correct name for this part is a water pilot. The part is shown on the partzilla.com site on the Exhaust 3 diagram for my particular boat see details below. I ordered the part along with the nut, washer and hose band since they were so inexpensive. I will attach a picture of the parts diagram and the actual part so you can match it to your specific application. Hope this helps.

Jerry
  1. Catalog
  2. Yamaha
  3. Boat
  4. 2018
  5. 242 LIMITED S - SAT1800CT
  6. Exhaust 3
  7. WATER PILOT

WATER PILOT
F2C-U753B-01-00
by Yamaha

$3.99 37% OFF