• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Could Bimini 2015 be the largest gathering ???

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I hope you guys haven't created a riff between Neil and Andrea! I feel your pain @OperationROL @OperationROL's Wife ... @Bruce put that pressure on me too! All I got out of Clara was that "deer in the headlights" look...and that ain't good. It's time off that we can't get and we don't recover from anything as fast as we used to, so we need 3 days to drive each way! We will do Lake Powell in the fall in coach comfort, and still take at least 2 days if not 3 each way. Bruce suggested having a service or freight the boat to Ft. Lauderdale, and fly down. I can't imagine the cost and logistics to get it flushed and rinsed prior to shipping home, not having a trailer with me. But those type of expenses are not out of the question. I am seeing a good many expenses that I would have thought I wouldn't have any part of, that are just the norm with RVers. A setup to tow a vehicle behind it is about $3500. I have about $800 of that already installed. You can't do everything at the same time, and we would like to do a trip like Bimini at some point. Hope you all have smooth sailing, following seas, and cold beverages!:winkingthumbsup"

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ben Franklin would say "Do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today."
A quote I constantly use in my house. However, I choose to go with this:
Save.png

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hope you guys haven't created a riff between Neil and Andrea! I feel your pain @OperationROL @OperationROL's Wife ... @Bruce put that pressure on me too! All I got out of Clara was that "deer in the headlights" look...and that ain't good. It's time off that we can't get and we don't recover from anything as fast as we used to, so we need 3 days to drive each way! We will do Lake Powell in the fall in coach comfort, and still take at least 2 days if not 3 each way. Bruce suggested having a service or freight the boat to Ft. Lauderdale, and fly down. I can't imagine the cost and logistics to get it flushed and rinsed prior to shipping home, not having a trailer with me. But those type of expenses are not out of the question. I am seeing a good many expenses that I would have thought I wouldn't have any part of, that are just the norm with RVers. A setup to tow a vehicle behind it is about $3500. I have about $800 of that already installed. You can't do everything at the same time, and we would like to do a trip like Bimini at some point. Hope you all have smooth sailing, following seas, and cold beverages!:winkingthumbsup"
Yeah, Bruce is bad. I can hear him saying, "You gotta do it. Everyone's doin' it! You just aint cool if you don't do it!" Lol!

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Neil, you can pick me up on the way to Florida!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r, @OperationROL, Bimini is addictive. Once you go you will understand.

I wish I had taken the family in 2013.

Although I may be hooked and a little pushy to get my friends to come;) So why don't you guys come to Bimini this year and hang out with the cool members:cool:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@txav8r, @OperationROL, Bimini is addictive. Once you go you will understand.

I wish I had taken the family in 2013.

Although I may be hooked and a little pushy to get my friends to come;) So why don't you guys come to Bimini this year and hang out with the cool members:cool:
I believe you. That's how I am about the Shelbyville gathering. I am hooked, but that is just 4 hours away. The good news is @OperationROL's Wife is really considering it for 2016!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could easily add another 10+ skis to this trip if you guys wanted to bump the number of people going. If I posted this trip the on the pwc forum I go on there would be tremendous interest. That forum had over 45,000 members and averages over 1000 people online at anytime. I just didn't want to post it over there with out permission or giving time for everyone from here to get booked first.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I could easily add another 10+ skis to this trip if you guys wanted to bump the number of people going. If I posted this trip the on the pwc forum I go on there would be tremendous interest. That forum had over 45,000 members and averages over 1000 people online at anytime. I just didn't want to post it over there with out permission or giving time for everyone from here to get booked first.
At this point everyone here should have had plenty of time to make their reservations. In my opinion I would post it over there, the more the merrier.

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I so want to do this, but it's about as far away from here (Seattle) as you can get and still be in the US! 3288 miles is a long way to tow your boat!

Last edited:

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I so want to do this, but it's about as far away from here (Seattle) as you can get and still be in the US! 3288 miles is a long way to tow your boat!
Yes it is...but think of the journey...not the destination :).

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am interested in going on the Bimini 2016 trip. Any idea when the dates and plans become final so I can begin to plan a vacationing schedule around it and decide if it's a family style trip or a boys only kinda trip? After the video's and chat about various trips, I am super stoked about going!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@shane hric last year dates were set in mid January I would expect the same this trip as well.