• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Crank operated trailer tongue jack dolly. Genius!

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
very cool.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This would be great for keeping a boat in an angle in the garage.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool indeed. I purchased a less expensive cheaper version a few years ago and ended up returning it.

(info I posted on other site regarding similar product)
Tow Tuff RTF-1500. name and model sold as on amazon for $206 and free shipping, looks like same product. Maybe cheaper for some people with tax and shipping depending where you live. I ordered one, easy to return at amazon of I am unhappy.

edit: I did not have my boat when I received my unit so I hooked it to my van hitch and pushed my van around the driveway to test. I decided to return the unit. All the stress was put on a 2" piece of metal. The design concept was great and it did push my van around, but I did not see the product lasting for several years, so I returned it.
Maybe the american made unit is a more robust design?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Awesome Idea.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I own the trailer valet. Works fairly well for me. But I just use it too go about 25 feet as I have to unhitch the boat and lower the tongue to fit it in the garage.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is a very interesting idea. It is very big and bulky however to be a dedicated trailer jack. An added benefit it seems is as a trailer brake, if...there is enough tongue weight to keep it from dragging. Many times when I have stopped my trailer and wanted to disconnect it either empty or with the boat, the ground is not level and the trailer would roll. So I have to go look for chocks to block the wheels. If the gearing as mentioned, prevents movement, then this is a big bonus. But our jacks mount pretty far back on the trailer, I wonder if that would be a factor in use as it is under the edge of the boat?

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I own the trailer valet. Works fairly well for me. But I just use it too go about 25 feet as I have to unhitch the boat and lower the tongue to fit it in the garage.
can the wheel run in neutral or is it always in gear?

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
can the wheel run in neutral or is it always in gear?
Always in gear. You can remove the crank handle as it has 2 crank positions high and low gear. i only attached it when i am putting the boat in the garage as it is pretty heavy. i still have my regular jack installed as well

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you post a photo of how you installed it? Love the idea, but I'm trying to visualize how it would fit with the stock jack...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had the imitation version pushed by cabellas. It was a pos that broke / cracked the first time I tried to use it to push my boat up the driveway. It would have burned that much more if I got hurt, by my own boat as it rolled out of control over me in the driveway. I've heard the real "trailer valet" is great but it was/is also twice the cost at over $400.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So this sounds REALLY cool and I think I might be on the fence about buying one. Not really for my property, but in case I want to get my boat into a tight space on level ground. They have other hand held versions of someone like this (trailer dolly) but if this is quality made it would be very useful for all of my trailers that I want to put under covered storage.

It's not quite 400$ I don't think for the the original genuine version of this product. Maybe 300$

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This thing isn’t perfect. But in my case it almost is as i have a garage under the house at a 90 degrees to the driveway. So i jack the boat to the door unhook drop the trailer as low as it will go to clear the door and use the valet to get it in the garage. BEATS PUSHING

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So this sounds REALLY cool and I think I might be on the fence about buying one. Not really for my property, but in case I want to get my boat into a tight space on level ground. They have other hand held versions of someone like this (trailer dolly) but if this is quality made it would be very useful for all of my trailers that I want to put under covered storage.

It's not quite 400$ I don't think for the the original genuine version of this product. Maybe 300$

http://www.amazon.com/Trailer-Valet-V211-Silver-Tongue/dp/B007G2IH4Q

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the pics. It can go on the other side! <duh>

Would be very handy for when I want to cut a short corner or when the valet has left and I am trying to close the door, only to find out that he didn't back it in that last 1/8"...

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the pics. It can go on the other side! <duh>

Would be very handy for when I want to cut a short corner or when the valet has left and I am trying to close the door, only to find out that he didn't back it in that last 1/8"...
it can be mounted on either side of the trailer as well as there are posts to connect the crank handle on either side so mounting is pretty universal

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a link to a yjb thread on the subject. It's two years old (back when the valet and the imitation version were relatively new and still $400 and $200 respectively) but the information is still good. There are pics and my review of the initiation version on the page the link is to. On the following page there is a yjb user review of the actual trailer valet. It's from dprhends who may be @jetboater4life here. I recommend you read his review before you hit the order button on a trailer valet. The imitation is no longer available from cabellas, I assume it was that "good".

http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54292&hilit=Trailer valet&start=30

Last edited:

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length