• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Crank operated trailer tongue jack dolly. Genius!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll never complain about where I have to park my boat again...

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@ Ronnie, great advice on the front hitch. I would love to have one on my ATV for maximum maneuverability but likely the tongue weight would be too much. I will play around with the truck this weekend and see if I can make the turns with it if pushing from a front hitch. Love that video, too...what we do for fun!

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Had a front hitch on my Jeep and LOVED it! Going to install one on the Avalanche, but they're hard to find. If you can get an offroad front bumper for your vehicle, most manufacturers offer a fruit receiver as an option. I put a vanity page on it when not using it as a hitch.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Back to the OT...

Just wanted to say, today my valet guy put the boat back in the stall. 3" short, when I went to close the door.

So, I went to the back of the stall, grabbed my Trailer Valet. Popped it on the front, cranked it up and scooted it back a foot. Perfect.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does it work? I looked at those... I was afraid my boat would be too heavy.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just installed it tonight. Will be using it tomorrow. Bought a snatch block to double capacity.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, used winch last night. All I can say is..."like butter". The wife was SO pleased. I'll be posting pics and parts list tonight in the general discussions area.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Follow up: Well, usually my valet service puts my boat away for me. But, if you lose track of time having a great day on the water, then the valet service is closed...

So I was left pulling my boat myself (not a big deal) and putting it away into my 9' wide stall (um, pretty right). Unfortunately, the paved area outside my stall is not quite wide enough to back directly up to the stall (they use a tractor for the valet service). So, I got it close with our tow vehicle, then I disconnected that and used the Trailer Valet.

Wow, that sucker really works. I am not saying I didn't take a couple of breaks or work up a nice sweat. I did on both fronts. But, my boat is perfectly centered and perfectly at home. Very serviceable and much quicker than had I messed with trying to get the trailer jackknifed to get the boat in the stall.

Last edited:

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is a link to a yjb thread on the subject. It's two years old (back when the valet and the imitation version were relatively new and still $400 and $200 respectively) but the information is still good. There are pics and my review of the initiation version on the page the link is to. On the following page there is a yjb user review of the actual trailer valet. It's from dgbehrends who may be @jetboater4life here. I recommend you read his review before you hit the order button on a trailer valet. The imitation is no longer available from cabellas, I assume it was that "good".

http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54292&hilit=Trailer valet&start=30
@Ronnie You are correct. I am dgbehrends on the other site. I've been away from the forums for a while otherwise I would have commented sooner. I would not recommend the trailer valet if you have any kind of incline. For minor adjustments in my garage it works but it is a hassle to use since it takes a lot of force to change the direction of the jack. As another member commented you work up a sweat trying to move this thing anywhere. I haven't used mine much this year since I've gotten good backing my boat into my 3 stall garage at an angle. For hooking up it's easy to move the trailer back and forth, so all I need to do is line the ball up and then I can just slide the trailer forward a bit before dropping on the ball. If I need to pivot the dual axle trailer side to side then I break out the trailer valet, but it's a chore. I have the 212x and the trailer valet seems to be maxxed out. The paint is scrapping on the shaft of it and it just looks unstable when lifted up higher. I'm a little nervous that it will fail on me, so I always leave my other jack just an inch off the ground ready to catch the trailer. I would caution those with the bigger 24'+ boats that have a little more tongue weight. Unless all you need to do is a 90' degree turn into a flat garage. I would look at a powered mover or front hitch first.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would agree with the incline comment. Definitely. And turning does take some muscle. But if you turn while you crank, it is quite doable for a relatively flat space.

Oh, and I leave my normal jack down and an 1" off the ground, too. I ain't that trusting...