• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Crank operated trailer tongue jack dolly. Genius!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife got me one for my birthday! We will see how it will work!

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got one as well. My boat will have only 3" of clearance in the garage I am so going to need more finese than I can provide reliably with my truck. I have a flat concrete driveway do hopefully this will have the traction and control I need.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's three in two days. Looking forward to your reviews.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I mounted mine last week, but did not take any pics as I couldn't move the boat much inside the garage. It was all functioning fine... tires were full of air on install.. jack operated smoothly.

Next week I'll be down to see if this mover can grip on our gravel driveway (not recommended)... but I have my fingers crossed.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got mine installed today! And tested. Here are the results:

Here is where I was able to fit the bracket. Note the holes used. These ones will BARELY fit. Like it will require a few taps to get the bolts in, and then you will barely get the nuts on.
20150404_130826.jpg

(holy blazes, those pics are big--hmmm)

That is the toughest part of the install. Pop on the Trailer Valet (it attaches with a pin) to make sure it clears everything, tighten and declare victory. A few notes on the placement: where I put it, the crank that lowers the Valet will interfere with the crank from the bow strap a bit. You can work it around, which is fine for my use.
20150404_131911.jpg
Then, I took it for a little test drive. Backed the boat about 1/2 way out of the stall. It works! However, for our boats, don't count on the high gear--they are too heavy. You will need to stick to the low gear. Also, please do note that you need to keep a firm grip on the handle. If you lose grip on it, it WILL start flying around and let your boat skiddle down the road. Yes, the handle is designed to engage the brake if you drop it (ie if you lose control). However, I would be afraid that you would be struck by the spinning handle or (worse) the trailer. And the brake is not a dainty one--it halts with a jerk and is intended to hold the boat once stopped, not to stop the boat. Care is needed!

Also, please do not confuse that this will be easy. First, the Trailer Valet itself weighs a good 50 lbs or so. Second, cranking that thing away while trying to steer also requires some effort. I discovered that my storage unit apparently has a very, very slight incline toward the door. Like 1% or less. And I was working to get it back in. Very doable, but I would not want to try that on a real grade.

All of that said, it does work. And should work nicely for adjusting the trailer occasionally or pulling it out/putting it into a narrow space.

OK, I had another pic of the test drive, but it won't upload.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great balanced review, thanks.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the review. .. our boat is lighter. Hoping I will get some traction on gravel with ours... it is a level grade...
the unit is not recommended for gravel, bit I have hope.
next weekend I can test.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the review. .. our boat is lighter. Hoping I will get some traction on gravel with ours... it is a level grade...
the unit is not recommended for gravel, bit I have hope.
next weekend I can test.
You might need to make some narrow plywood boards with nonskid on them

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We visited the lake on the weekend. Ice covered, but pretty just the same.

I was anxious to try out the Trailer Valet. I had installed it in March, but could not get out of the garage with 3 ft. of snow in front of the door...

Sorry... no pics of my install as we were rushed to get some things done.

I did however crank the boat in LOW gear all the way out into the stone driveway. The unit is not recommended for gravel, but our stone is very well packed at this point and provided no difficulty for the drive wheels on the unit... I did NOT take the boat completely out of the garage however... perhaps the trailer wheels on the gravel will give me more resistance. I also tried the HIGH gear... the SX190 is light enough for the trailer valet to move the vessel and trailer with no issues.

I'm happy with the purchase as this alleviates the need to have someone spot me getting trailer on and off the tow vehicle, as well as positioning the trailer and boat in the garage.

Ice will be flowing down the Niagara River over the next couple of weeks, clearing the way for another great season.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys..this is EXACTLY what I need. The wife and I tried to get our new AR192 in the garage last night and couldn't. Luckily, I have nice neighbors and got it in.

I'm going to order one of these...with the ballon tires and crank movement..should make it a snap.

I'm assuming the trailer valet goes low enough to still allow tower (collapsed of course) to clear garage door.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will shrink up pretty low. I didn't measure, but I would estimate as low as the existing jack on the trailer. Of course, much will depend upon the clearance of your garage door...

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My 212x must be at the limit for weight as I can only move my boat when level or a very slight incline. I have some spots in my driveway where the grading for drainage makes quite a difference is cranking power needed. Also, it is very hard to go 90 degrees with a four wheel trailer. I can't get my boat lined up for the garage with my truck (too long), so I have to switch to my Jeep make the turn and get up the grade (which is slight). Once close to the garage I can use the trailer valet for the last 25 feet or so and the precise movements needed to get into the side of the garage. I was able to get the whole thing done with the trailer valet but my arm was ready to fall off after that and it is not practical to do routinely. I also had an idea to use an impact wrench to drive the unit but the shaft does not work with any of my sockets. I suppose it could be fabricated pretty easily but I don't have a welding machine.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may hold off, after reading done reviews on Amazon.

I've been thinking about a three wheeled dolly and a Harbor Freight 12 VDC winch.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ eticket, I had a similar well worse experience with the imitation trailer valet I bought from cabellas. Fortunately they have a great return policy. Trying to rotate a loaded twin axle trailer can be a pita. I eventually purchased two front mounted hitches for my tow vehicles. They were relatively cheap and easy to install. My only regret is that I didn't buy them years ago.

Here is a link to what I have to do/go through to put away they toys after a weekend on the water.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know, I did not even THINK of a FRONT hitch for my Jeep. I bet a front hitch with an adjustable ball height would work

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think so, I had to put the ball on a 6" or 8" tongue flipped over to make it happen but I only have an inch or so of clearance on either side of the trailer guides when my boat is stored and it works great for me. It's a lot easier to place the trailer precisely when you can see it straight on as opposed to looking over your shoulder, in a mirror or rear view display.

The front mounts are usually vehicle specific and cost $120 to $200 on etrailer. Get the right one because shipping is only included to you on purchase not back on a return and these things are heavy.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And remember to check your trailer tires for proper inflation. When my tires are low, I can barely push the trailer by hand.