• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cut out and then One beep

Grayjrk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Finally got to get out for first time this year. Started fine and ran for about 5 minutes slow not wake zone and then cut out. This was followed by a single beep. No error codes. Tried the key to restart and nothing. Checked for breaker and everything was okay. I turned the battery switch off and then back on. Started again no problem. Ran for about 4 minutes slow and died. This happened about 5 times to get back to the dock. About 3 of those times there was a single beep and not every time I turned off the battery switch would it come back right away. Thanks in advance.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1. Maybe you are having knock sensor issues. Try this.
Turn the boat on, let it run until the boat shuts off and beeps. Then pull off the safety lanyard. Put the lanyard back in and attempt to start. If it starts back up, you might have bad gas going through the engine, or something is causing knock. If the fuel isn't the problem, then it gets a little more technical. Take it to the dealer, there will be a code (P0326) that should pop up in BUDS. In some cases, the mounting point of the sensor is subject. They will have to loosen intake manifold & move, remove center bolt from knock sensor, clean mating surface, mount sensor & torque to 18 ft. lbs. problem solved.

2. Loose spark plug coil pack. Check and make sure the connections are not corroded, and they are seated on the engine.

3. Loose connection on the diagnostic plug cap. Open your engine bay. Look towards the rear right bulkhead right behind the battery. You are going to see a fuse box with a beige cap on the right attached. There is a plug that is inserted into that cap. If this plug is loose or not fully inserted into the cap it will cut out intermittently. The cap has a resistor that the ECU has to see to take the engine out of diagnostic mode.

Grayjrk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks ScarabMike I had the boat winterized and spring tuned up at my Scarab dealer.
I pulled the battery to find dirty negative leads and also the plug you mentioned floating around.
Is there suppose to be a green cap on it when I plug it back into the mount.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, just plug it in. The green is part of the connector. And no problem man, glad you got it handled!

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Glad/hope this fixes your boat.

@ScarabMike excellent job. Man, you know your stuff and it's a pleasure to read and learn as much as I can about our engines from you. #rotax (my first ever hastag )

Grayjrk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks ScarabMike I would rather pay your invoice than my dealer!!!
I plugged it in and off I went. It did cut out once after about 15 minutes mid speed and started without turning the battery switch off and on.
The RPM and MPH gauges went out this time with the engine cutting out. After I restarted it ran smooth for another hour.
The gauges came back and would cut out at high speed only.
Thanks again ScarabMike.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, it sounds like that dealer did a number on your boat. The cluster on these boats are very sensitive, but so are the engines sensors. The Rotax cannot be winterized like other boats, there are sensors that can be ruined.

Here is a thread on this.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/scarab-chaparral-glastron-rotax-winter-prep.5978/

At this point without looking at the boat, not sure what the issue could be other than the cluster's connection, a loose/bad fuse, or loose communication cable from the ECU to the cluster. Take the engine cover off, and see if they tried to connect their BUDS computer to the wrong connector, and left that loose as well. They should not have to connect BUDS for no reason other than maintenance.