• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

D.I.Y. Auger Anchor

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Sorry to hear it snapped. I will pay more attention to it next time to ensure I don't loose one!

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe no worries. I think it was because we were still moving the boat around at the sandbar and that probably caused it. But putting the rope low on the anchor is definitely the way to go.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just finish up making a couple of these. I used 2" PVC to avoid any flex. Made them 4 foot long with 1 foot removable handles for easy storage. I use 2 stainless 3/8 Eye bolts on each to have 2 points to attach to boat. I am using dock line attached to a D link carabiner for boat line. Store them in front bow seat no problem. All stainless bolts and nylon nuts and coated all bolts with PVC glue just to make sure nothing comes loose after grinding bolts flush with nut. Ordered the augers from online like listed earlier.

Attachments