• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Day 2 in the hospital.......

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hope you get better soon and it sounds like your on the upswing and just need to figure out what is the cause. Take care

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just finishing up day two in the hospital. Looks like I might be here a day or two more. Depends on test results. I'm in isolation and have some time, so here's the quick version of the story

Came to the ER on Sunday morning, assuming I had found COVID on mwork trip to Nebraska last week. Fever, chills, dry cough, extreme shortness of breathe (got winded between parking lot and EE). Basically all the symptoms of Coronavirus. Fever started around Wednesday, and I was using Advil to keep it in check while out of town. I also immediately donned a mask, and kept away from others while on site. Luckily we were outdoors and I was able to continue to direct the build without being withing 10ft of anyone else. Dry cough got worse and worse, and the 12.5hr drive home SUCKED.

Was tested, x-rayed, CT scanned, swabbed, and others poked/prodded/sampled for about 5 hours in the ER, then admitted to the infectious disease wing at the local hospital. CT scan and X-ray showed a large mass of infection, and a "cavital lesion" in my left lung, but not the "tell-tale" COVID pattern of infection.

COVID test came back negative. Good news there. Had a Bronchoscopy yesterday for the lung doctor to get samples for the infectious disease doctor and essentially "power wash" the inside of my lungs with saline solution. Quite possibly the worst procedure I've ever had. Woke up from general anesthesia with a distinct PANIC and a physical feeling of drowning. Had to be re-sedated to get my breathing calmed down.

Been resting and recovering since. Still in isolation. Best they can tell me is they think it's either bacterial or fungal in nature, and has been there awhile. Waiting now for the infectious disease doctor to come in and go over my lab results. I feel 100% better, but since they don't know what I have, they won't release me.

Have to say...... WOW....the amount of PPE that the nurses are wearing when they come in is amazing. It's like full hazmat gear. Also need to say thanks to those who are doing the right thing flattening the curve. While I don't have COVID, the bed I'm in wouldn't be here if it was filled with a pandemic patient. So thank you to those that are doing your part.

I'll update when I get to go home, or when they know WTF is wrong with me (medically, mentally would take to long).
Hang in there bro...all of this will be a speed bump in your rear view mirror soon enough.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
yo, stop smoking that dank weed and get a new supplier! Just kidding. I'm glad things are going well. Like I said, you will get better. Be patient, be safe. Go boat when you feel up for it.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get well soon!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How are you doing a year later?
Not a thread I was expecting to see at the top of the list this morning. Thanks for checking in.

I'm in generally not terrible shape. Lung function is good, and I'm in generally good health. Survived COVID just before Christmas. Had my SPO2 levels drop to 90 one night, but returned to mid-high 90's the next day. The hospital stay didn't really impact me greatly to be honest. I was "back to normal" within a few weeks.

I could stand to lose some weight, but that's a different conversation.

Thanks again for checking in.

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not a thread I was expecting to see at the top of the list this morning. Thanks for checking in.

I'm in generally not terrible shape. Lung function is good, and I'm in generally good health. Survived COVID just before Christmas. Had my SPO2 levels drop to 90 one night, but returned to mid-high 90's the next day. The hospital stay didn't really impact me greatly to be honest. I was "back to normal" within a few weeks.

I could stand to lose some weight, but that's a different conversation.

Thanks again for checking in.
An old saying that I go by is “Nobody’s going to take better care of you than you” so take care of yourself, glad you are doing well.