• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealer Fees

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
So I have been waiting for a new 2022 212 boat. I am on a waiting list at a dealer in Orlando and on the quote that I received they had a total of $595 for dealer services. That doesn't sound too bad but who knows if it will go up.

I just received a quote from a different dealer and they have $3995 for Factory Freight and $2495 for Prep and Assembly. Is this what has been going on in the market because boats are hard to get right now? That just seems outrageous to me.

I might just sit in a puddle next year and play with a plastic toy boat as opposed to paying that fee.

Oh, and I just noticed. Title and Reg is $200 and there is also a $999 documentation fee and a $128.10 Electronic Filing fee.

Limited supply = price gouging

Owners of dealerships are lining their pockets while the selling is good....

Some cars are now selling 5K-20K above sticker...

Can you go out of state to find what you want?

Last edited:
Simple economics. Sounds like Orlando isn’t charging too bad. However finding a boat is hard enough, if you won’t pay it they will find 5 people in less than 24 hours who will.

This is why we went used! We had waited for over a year to purchase a 2021 SX190. When they told us that the 21’s were canceled and there was going to be an almost 4K increase on the 2022 and could not tell us if there would be any new additions. When they called and said they had a used 2019 AR195, we jumped on it! However, we paid more for this used than what they were new in 2019! I looked it up, but my wife said, “I”m tired of waiting, lets get it!” Right now it is what it is, in all areas. You either pay the price or you decide you don’t want it. Case in point, just purchased coffee filters for my expresso machine and they have tripled since I purchased them last and almost no one is offering free shipping now. Hang in there everyone and realize how fortunate we are to even have the incredible lives we live. Too many in the world will never experience the high standard of living that most of us enjoy. Myself included.

I just picked up my 2022 190 FSH in October 2022. (Tampa, Fl area)
Price: $37,602.
Doc Fee $199
Administration fee $499
Shipping $1550
Taxes $2440
License $126
Couple small additional fees. Out the door.......$42,417
Had this dealer attempted to do to me, what they are trying to do to "WaterMania", I would be boatless, or would have went used.

When businesses pad the bill, like mark up the freight charge, some people call that, "Just doing Business". That's not what I call it. They should be honest, and call it what it is, "Additional Dealer Profit".

Had someone reach out to me, early in the fall, about buying a new 212 and asked my advice. Lived in another state. His dealer was charging almost 11k more to deliver the boat than the dealer here. I went as far as confirming that the boat was on the lot for him. My dealer close to me was 11k less (still just above MSRP). He reached out to them but ultimately decided that he didn't want to drive 8-9 hours to pick up the boat. So he paid a premium of 11k for the convenience. I guess each individual decides on how much they are willing to pay and what effort they want to go through and what is right for them. TBH I would drive to Florida and back to Michigan for that kind of money, to pick up a boat.

Freight and shipping charges vary depending on distance and the company doing the freight. These days freight is more expensive due to lower driver pool, higher gas prices and inflation. Still though it should not be thousands upon thousands of dollars. Anything crazy is likely dealer tacking on additional mark-up. Dealer “prep“ on a jet boat is usually no more than remove shrink wrap, installing the battery and a overall glance of everything so that it’s in working order. Does not require a master tech for this and usually given to the lower tier shop workers to “prep” a boat for delivery. If they’re charging thousands for this I’d walk away as that tells you all you need to know how that dealership will treat you for repairs or service work outside of warranty claims.

@Marco Island Life, congratulations on the new boat!

It's nice to see boats being sold at reasonable prices without the crazy dealer markups!

Jim

I paid almost $2400 for dealer prep/mark up (depends whether you look at the sticker or quote), twice at different dealers this is for Waverunners. Add 10% tax and other fees turns a $13k msrp into $17k to $18k out the door price quick. It hurt but what choice did I have? I’ve played on the sand with a bucket before, when I was a kid, it’s not that much fun anymore.
1CE613E6-5E43-4003-9295-D7758C1FDDD5.png
By the way the pic above for for a different waverunner than the one I bought. The one I bought came with the factory speakers for another $800, $900 including tax. The one I bought is the one they had, in April of this year.
3C0A3B45-75AA-413C-A406-30B6330D95AB.png
You gotta pay to play with these kind of toys.
46E50ECD-0F23-4B0E-82A2-33F12C8FB9C9.jpeg
Still worth every penny IMHO, but you have to have and be willing to spend a lot of them, especially if you buy new.

Last edited:
Back