• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Dealerships. WTF?

Mastercraft is a high-end product and there is no way this should happen when selling and servicing premium products with 6-figure price tags. Unacceptable.

My boat was due yesterday ....5weeks in now.
Still have not looked at it.
Mastercraft / Yamaha.... Doesn't matter if the dealer isn't up to the task.

My local dealer, Sun sports, Ft Myers, FL, has been nothing but fantastic, from early visits right through to service, cannot fault them at all. Yet I've noticed some people complain about them.
I can only imagine it's down to the individual at the dealer.

I also bought my boat from G&R in South Windsor in 2011. It was a great experience. Thankfully I have only had to bring the boat in once for service. I made an appointment and had the boat back 2-3 days later.

Wow, I guess I need to chime in. After owning my boat for just under a year now I have had nothing but great service from my dealer (Phil Dill Boats, TX). they have knowledgeable mechanics and service reps that (for me) have continuously called me to update as any work I may have needed was performed - and this was almost all warranty work. I'm sure there may be some on here that have had unfavorable experiences with this same dealer but I find when I make it clear my expectations about when i need the boat back and what needs to be addressed I have never had any issues with them. In fact they have gone out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with not just the work but the time it took.

Anyone in the DFW TX area should check them out if they are unhappy with their current dealer.

A lot of times on boards like this we often only hear about the bad things that happen, after all why take the time to post about how well everything is working on the boat - I'd rather be on the water enjoying it! So you tend to get a lopsided perspective.

I guess it really depends on the dealer.
Many if us Ct guys have bought our boats and had them serviced at G&R Marine in South Windsor, Ct. They happen to be the only Yamaha dealer around. Bryan (owner) and Andy (tech guru) are good guys. Simply put - they're good people that take care of their customers. Over the years getting to know these guys - I can talk to these guys and bullshit with them and goof around with them like they're 1 one of the guys - cause they are.

I'm sure if @TechRider and @Evil Sports comes on here, they'll 2nd my statement.

The staff and crew make the dealerships. The MasterCraft dealer up the road from me is a top notch place as well. I've seen them go completely out of the way for their customers. As is the Nautique/ Malibu dealer next door to them. But I guess when they're selling $100k boats - they better kiss your ass a little.
Yeah I have to agree they have been quite good with my boat. I dont know why but I still cringe when I drop it off there. I guess its cause I have those same worries that the others have stated and we have such a short season here it would really suck to lose your boat for 1/4 to 1/2 the season. Lasburn you are getting hosed, thats totally unacceptable

I bought mine at H&H marine in Oklahoma City. They had my 10 hour service done the next day. They were unable to sync my throttles as 800 rpm variance is within spec. I will be fixing that issue next time we have the boat on the water.

Lasburn you are getting hosed, thats totally unacceptable

@lashburn1 - I have to agree with Evil here! 5 weeks without your boat is CRAZY! Especially during prime time season. I'd be going ballistic. You already have Gen1 on there and the family seems to be surfing fine - you couldn't hold off on Gen2 till the fall?

I look at how much better I could be a doing business than pretty much anybody that I have dealt with in boating but I can't take the pay cut. Guessing most of us are in the same boat. It does sound like a nice way to pass the time in retirement though. Putter around with a boat or a dock system a little, maybe return a call if I feel like it and just have a nice day of it.

There is a crew that works up one side of the keys and down the other over the course of a year salvaging partially sunk boats on state removal permits. They have it figured out where they work all year round and everybody is happy. Sounds like a good deal.

Back