• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Deckadence <Marine Flooring>

Seadek is great stuff, but I had the bow shrinkage issue in my AR230 also. I've got some on my Tige and had zero issues with it.

Definately love my Deckadence. Can't really say I kneel on it that much (or at all) so that is a non issue for me.

120 hours over a season and a half on it and it still looks brand new! I vacuum under it or hose it out 1 or 2 times per season. Any dirt is outsight and outa mind below it.:D

I vacuum under it or hose it out 1 or 2 times per season. Any dirt is outsight and outa mind below it.:D
Same! I took mine out of the boat for the first time at the beginning of this season. :D

Anybody ever put this in a newer model Yamaha? Replaced the carpet with Seadek and looking to replace it already, not performing like the set of mats on our last boat.

Guys, I need some advice/opinion: I keep my 212x in a Texas lake. I will be going to Destin in a month.Would you remove the snap-in seadeck? or I should keep it on and flush with fresh water after my trip? Thanks in advance !IMG_0288.JPG

I didn't fully understand whether you were asking about a trailering trip to Destin, or about when you keep it in the water at the lake here in Texas. Trailering puts a great deal of stress on carpet. I don't suspect that the seadeck is this susceptible, but air tends to drive its way underneath and that certain puts a strain on the floor coverings. But, the seadeck more than likely won't store neatly inside a little compartment. So you may be left with leaving it in place. About left in the water, freshwater, probably doesn't need to be flushed with just more freshwater. If you're in Destin in the water, for any period of time, I'd certainly flush it. All of my recommendations are subject to the time interval involved. If you're going to toe, but the morning and trailer and cover on it and protect everything inside the boat. Then you don't have to worry about the Seadeck! Great looking boat by the way !

I didn't fully understand whether you were asking about a trailering trip to Destin, or about when you keep it in the water at the lake here in Texas. Trailering puts a great deal of stress on carpet. I don't suspect that the seadeck is this susceptible, but air tends to drive its way underneath and that certain puts a strain on the floor coverings. But, the seadeck more than likely won't store neatly inside a little compartment. So you may be left with leaving it in place. About left in the water, freshwater, probably doesn't need to be flushed with just more freshwater. If you're in Destin in the water, for any period of time, I'd certainly flush it. All of my recommendations are subject to the time interval involved. If you're going to toe, but the morning and trailer and cover on it and protect everything inside the boat. Then you don't have to worry about the Seadeck! Great looking boat by the way !

Thank you for your recommendations ! I will be towing the boat with the cover, what I am hesitant about is if I should use the seadeck mats in salt water conditions. Maybe is better to leave the mats at home and walk on the fiber glass during my 6 day trip? Less confortable but also less cleaning? In other words; how resistant is the seadeck material if it is used in salt water?

I don't think the mats will be harmed by the salt. The only concern is the snaps. Make sure they're rinsed well after use so you don't get corrosion.

That is an excellent point on the snaps @JetBoatPilot . I wonder how using CorrosionX will affect the SeaDeck material as far as staining it? I would spray the outside/inside of each snap, both male and female, if it won't harm the rubber. Your still going to have the male snap on the floor, even if you remove the mats. And let me tell you...those male snap heads HURT when you step on them. And they get hot too in the sun. I never had an issue with my carpet and the snaps and learned to avoid the snaps walking bare footed. I love a covered floor and I would use the flooring vs the fiberglass floor. Only if I am doing something offensive to the interior of a nice boat, like fishing, would I remove the plush floor covering. But hey, we all have different opinions and preferences, so enjoy!

I don't think you'll have issues with the mats but I would wipe off any excess spray so that you're not sliding around if you step on it. We got away from carpet due in large part to the snaps. I did not like stepping on them when they were hot or when the carpet was out of the boat.

Thank you guys! Great advice as always! I will probably use the mats and clean very well the components! I also prefer the plush floor for sure.

I think the fear of salt is the way Northerners make themselves feel better for living in a nasty ass cold climate and boat 3 months a year :D Trust me...... I was a Northerner prior to 2000!

Fear not the salt just the lazy cleaner. Your mats will do fine. Keep the salt water where it belongs and hose off the entire boat. Have fun.[flag]

Back