• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Deckadence <Marine Flooring>

Not so good if you access your floor storage compartments a lot.

Border and logo for sure......Need an Orange color :D

I would put a couple of snaps close to the ski locker and on the ski locker, and make it a section. Easy access just like our carpet.

Yeah....looks like floor storage would be a PITA! Seems that the premise is that you don't snap it down....not sure if it would snap down easily (which would mean that it is OUT as an option for the swim deck)

Here it is on a swim deck

DECKadence%20Marine%20Flooring%20Template%20Instructions%20US-2.jpg

Last edited:
We had big discussions on YJB about that product. And water and everything goes right through it as I recall. So you have to pretty much remove it to hose out what goes through it. Interesting and would be a great "no carpet" padding, but I would still want carpet when I wanted carpet. That also looks MUCH thinner than the previous deckadence .

Also wondering about Brian using Yamaha's name on the flooring sold through the store??? And we couldn't even have a logo with that name in it? Better buy it fast...the Yamaha name won't stay on there long I bet.

Loving my Seadek! I considered this before buying but wanted to be able to tow without the cover on and worrying about stuff flying out. Looks like you will have to still take the carpet out to hose and get crumbs / kids crap out of the carpet.

I ordered some samples from Deckadence today... I may bite the bullet and do the template for the '07 '09 230's as it seems no one else has... still not convinced over the SeaDek though... especially for the swim platform, but I need to do something soon... Hydroturf is very close to needing replacement, and the carpet is not far behind. I do like the "wall to wall" look of the Deckadence, but I will wait to see how comfy it is on the feet, I am still concerned about dealing with sand.

I like the look of it but really don't like the design around the ski locker. We store tubes/skis/ropes in there and for that kind of money it seems a poor design to have to pull back the mat to access the ski locker.

You won't find it on my boat. I don't like the feel or look. Reminds me of that cheap astro turf people put on their porches. All the crumbs and sand will work their way under the mat so you'll have to hose the mat then pick it up and hose the deck off. Twice the work of a glued mat. If anybody puts this on their swim platform please don't use this stick on snaps. You'll surely lose your rug going down the highway some day.

Loving my Seadek! I considered this before buying but wanted to be able to tow without the cover on and worrying about stuff flying out. Looks like you will have to still take the carpet out to hose and get crumbs / kids crap out of the carpet.
X2, and what @Murf'n'surf said.

I'd use the carpet for awhile, then replace with Seadek.

I still think this flooring would be a great second carpet. For those very wet days, when you know your going to have water/sand in the boat. But for me, carpet is primary for sure. We like the feel under our feet. I get the attraction of the SeaDek/Hydroturf interior flooring as well as swim deck, it is permanent and won't blow out, doesn't get wet, doesn't trap dirt as easy. But like carpet, this stuff is removable. I don't think it is a swim deck alternative, but inside the boat, as a secondary floor covering, it might be a player...just not for everyday. I think it would blow out easy when towing without a cover, same on swim deck. I would love to have a trip on the water and see it in action, might change my opinion!

I've finally decided on what to go with to replace my carpeting AND my Hydro Turf. I've been making a concerted effort to go "Green" these days...which explains the scooters and the L.E.D. lighting and I've completely stopped running Prius drivers off the road (thought I'd never break that habit).

I'm also developing a natural replacement for all the petroleum based products I use here at the shop. I believe in helping third world countries as much as I can too, with the exception of Nigeria because they owe me a ton of money.

So after much research, I've found a product very similar to this Deckadence stuff, Jute!

Yep, it's wonderful stuff! I almost went with spun Hemp, but a friend of mine smoked all the samples I had so I figured it wouldn't last very long on my boat if I invited him out...:eek:

Here's what I ordered:

jute.jpg

Back