• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Deckadence <Marine Flooring>

That seems like the flooring that came on the Scarab Impulse boats I looked at. Flipping through the pictures on the scarab site, they seem to flip between the berber and this stuff. One of the reasons we went with the Glastron was my wide didn't really like the Deckadence (type) stuff.

Well, the jury is in... Got my samples from Decadence today and the wife vetoed it immediately. While it is somewhat okay on the feet it is not comfortable at all on the knees... Not for the reason you are thinking... get your minds out of the gutter! :cool: (Okay there may be a little truth in that... No... not really :rolleyes:)

We both kneel frequently accessing stuff in the head, helm, and ski locker compartments and it is just not easy on the knees. While I really like the look, the comfort factor is just lacking and for the price.... It ain't gonna happen.

I am convinced that SeaDek or HydroTeak is best answer for the swim platform... Please chime in on experiences with both for that application

For the interior I think I really prefer Berber. Can I get the Berber in grey? From where?

Thanks,
Ed

Have whole boat Seadek and love it. Holding up well and cleans up easily. Only issue I have had is the pole placement for the cover. I just place them on the sides of the Seadek. If you leave them on the Seadek it will leave imprints over time.

Don't know but I spent some time in a tige this weekend and it had it, very nice stuff!!

Have whole boat Seadek and love it. Holding up well and cleans up easily. Only issue I have had is the pole placement for the cover. I just place them on the sides of the Seadek. If you leave them on the Seadek it will leave imprints over time.

Great point. I hadn't thought about that. Maybe if you put a piece of something under it that would spread the weight out it could be avoided, but certainly could be an issue otherwise.

Don't know but I spent some time in a tige this weekend and it had it, very nice stuff!!

I also noticed the Tige boats had this stuff. Has to be decent as the boat I was admiring was well over $100k..

I was at the boat show this weekend, and pretty much all of the top end boats had it.

I really REALLY liked it. Wish I had known about it before I replaced my carpet this off season.

I loved it in @trace Tige in shelbyville, it felt great on my feet and was one of my first comments when inside the boat (besides "is it my turn to surf yet??") I also access the ski locker a lot in my boat and don't think "flopping" it up is the best and I would be worried about it on the swim deck while on the trailer also so then it turns into more work.
I would want the whole boat to match so I think I would go with the seadeck/hydro-T

I would love to see this flooring in person, walk on it/feel it, and see it in a boat.

Thinking about getting this stuff once again !!!! Hmmmmmm I should just buy this stuff already

Does anyone have an opinion as to how this compares to SeaDek and some of the other brands?

I've had both. I personally would never buy SeaDek again. I see tons of people loving it here, but I didn't have such a great experience with it.

Mine kept shriveling up in the bow area. I believe I made a thread here somewhere about it. SeaDek told me that the shape of my bow was focusing the sun and causing the damage. /whatevs! :P

I don't have a single bad thing to say about the Deckadance. I prefer it over any other material.

I thought it only did that in cold water..... :D:D:D

Many thanks and good to know! I have some peeling decking on my cruiser but I'm not sure of the brand as it was on there when I bought the boat. When I identify what it is I'll post it to this group.

I had a similar issue with the bow section of the SeaDeck starting to melt. I read the product literature which stated the temperature limit is 140F. The bow section of my SX230 is curved and smooth fiberglass creating a parobolic reflector, similar to a magnifying glass, which collects and magnifies the sunlight and conversely the heat onto a small section of the SeaDeck. This only happens when the sun is at a lower angle and hits that section directly.

I spoke with @JetBoatPilot about this who immediatly offered to replace that section but also gave me a few feet of white 3M tape to put on the curved fiberglass bow section to interrupt the parobolic effect. I am in the Boston area so I'm guessing you southern guys have more of an issue. My suggestion is to put something in front of the curved bow section, a towel or something, to prevent that possibility. It would be good if SeaDeck could make their product a little more heat tolerant. I'm sure the choice of colors plays a role in this issue also.

The colors do play a role in this. SeaDek is actively working with the EVA manufacturers to improve the heat tolerances. As for now we do warranty when needed and offer mitigation materials to prevent future sunburning.

Back