• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

mayorplant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
getting close i can feel it

bmatthews3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info everyone.

Here's what I have (Texas based):
Put deposit down 1st week of August for AR190 - called dealer last week for an update and gave us info saying "boat is built but waiting for speakers/accessories to get put in." Which we literally have a stock AR190 so I'm assuming it's a sales run-around or certain parts are backed up.

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I will post this in a couple of threads to help anyone who has these questions.

So, my email to Bob Star head of communications for Yamaha didn’t fall on deaf ears after all. My email made it up the food chain to the VP and was assigned to Jackie Dew senior service rep for Yamaha marine.

Yesterday afternoon, I got a phone call from Jackie. Jackie agreed that there needed to be better communication between manufacturing, Reps and Dealerships. He is actively working on a solution.

Jackie said

The delays are related to Covid shutdowns, Here and overseas.

All the presales boats will be filled before any dealership will receive additional inventory. So technically, you are still getting a presale. Even if its several months later.

Boats are made in order of size, smallest to largest.

Orders were received and are filled in chronological order as parts are available. Dealership size has nothing to do with orders.

Yamaha has over 400 boats on the manufacturing lot waiting on parts to complete. They are running out of room to store boats and it is costing Yamaha a fortune to keep them on the lot. All the 19’ and 21’ are partially built and waiting for parts. 25’ is currently in production. Manufacturing is waiting on overseas “China” parts to complete boats. China is not communicating, and manufacturing has no idea when the parts will be shipped. Manufacturing is completing boats with the parts they can get. Therefore some 25’ models are being delivered while some 19’ models are still sitting in the lot. It depends on the options your boat has and if they can get the parts to complete it. From what I was told, 19’ boats are waiting on touch screens. 21’ boats are waiting on windshield and computer parts.

Bottom line, not even Yamaha knows when they will be able to finish boats. Everything is pending on past, ongoing, and possible shutdowns along with shipping. While I do appreciate the phone call, I don’t think a presale should have been put on the table if it wasn’t guaranteed.

I hope this information helps people still waiting to have a better understanding of the situation. I am hopeful that Yamaha will come up with a solution for better direct line communication. Sorry if I came across as bitchy in previous post. I don’t like my hopes being lifted then dropped all while being left in the dark. Especially when I’m paying for a luxury like a boat. As for me, the phone call doesn’t change anything. I am pulling my deposit and jumping ship for multiple reasons.

Best of luck to all.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length

So, my email to Bob Star head of communications for Yamaha didn’t fall on deaf ears after all. My email made it up the food chain to the VP and was assigned to Jackie Dew senior service rep for Yamaha marine.

Yesterday afternoon, I got a phone call from Jackie. Jackie agreed that there needed to be better communication between manufacturing, Reps and Dealerships. He is actively working on a solution.

Jackie said

All the presales boats will be filled before any dealership will receive additional inventory. So technically, you are still getting a presale. Even if its several months later.

Orders were received and are filled in chronological order as parts are available. Dealership size has nothing to do with orders.

Yamaha has over 400 boats on the manufacturing lot waiting on parts to complete. They are running out of room to store boats and it is costing Yamaha a fortune to keep them on the lot. All the 19’ and 21’ are partially built and waiting for parts. 25’ is currently in production. Manufacturing is waiting on overseas “China” parts to complete boats. China is not communicating, and manufacturing has no idea when the parts will be shipped. Manufacturing is completing boats with the parts they can get. Therefore some 25’ models are being delivered while some 19’ models are still sitting in the lot. It depends on the options your boat has and if they can get the parts to complete it. From what I was told, 19’ boats are waiting on touch screens. 21’ boats are waiting on windshield and computer parts.

Bottom line, not even Yamaha knows when they will be able to finish boats. Everything is pending on past, ongoing, and possible shutdowns along with shipping. While I do appreciate the phone call, I don’t think a presale should have been put on the table if it wasn’t guaranteed.

I hope this information helps people still waiting to have a better understanding of the situation. I am hopeful that Yamaha will come up with a solution for better direct line communication. Sorry if I came across as bitchy in previous post. I don’t like my hopes being lifted then dropped all while being left in the dark. Especially when I’m paying for a luxury like a boat. As for me, the phone call doesn’t change anything. I am pulling my deposit and jumping ship for multiple reasons.

Best of luck to all.
Good luck, and thanks for the information/update!

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
looks like ride now in jacksonville fl just got 3 boats. 1 fish and 2 with towers cant really tell. at least 21 they have double axle. on their facebook page

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

Jackie said

Best of luck to all.
Best of luck to you and thanks for the update. From the second week of July my dealer has been offering to store the boat for free over the winter “if it arrives after the season”. I think he has been expecting delays the whole time.

Michael Night

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
looks like ride now in jacksonville fl just got 3 boats. 1 fish and 2 with towers cant really tell. at least 21 they have double axle. on their facebook page
Yamaha 212SE, We pick her up Saturday.

Attachments

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Jackie said

Best of luck to all.
I've been in global manufacturing for over 25 years and managed through some big international supply chain shocks including 9/11, major port shutdowns, typhoons and hurricanes, the earthquake/tsunami in Japan, etc. This explanation from Yamaha rings true.

In fact, all sorts of manufacturers and other industries have been fighting similar challenges for months. The fact that the general public has not been directly impacted more often tells us that a lot of people at a lot of companies are doing extraordinary work in difficult circumstances to keep the world turning. Bravo to everyone out there in the trenches making it happen and a gentle suggestion to all of us to be as patient as we possibly can.

burgjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome! We originally had a deposit somewhere else but Ridenow Jacksonville was very responsive and best customer service. And not to mention they received our boat within 3 weeks.
good to hear. i live in jax and been hearing good things about ridenow. i'll definitely keep them in mind when i purchase. would be nice to save a trip to cyclesprings.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
good to hear. i live in jax and been hearing good things about ridenow. i'll definitely keep them in mind when i purchase. would be nice to save a trip to cyclesprings.
I'd avoid Cycle Springs at all costs.

Smitty244

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put a deposit on an sx195 august 3 and was told it would be in the end of August. I was pumped thinking I’d be able to use it a few times here in Ohio. Here I am now hoping I’ll be able to pull it home before the snow flies. I’d hate to pull a brand new boat home on slushy salted roads. I can’t get an answer on when it might even come.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Smitty244 Don't sweat it. I will drive down and can help you get it home :)

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I checked my “local” dealers inventory and it looks like there are several 2021 boats in stock that are not presold. Ar190, ar210, 212s and 212se. I guess certain models are still lacking parts to build and ship

cracker499

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd avoid Cycle Springs at all costs.
Hey fellas, I just discovered this thread. I put a deposit down on 8/10 for an SX-190 at Cycle Springs in Clearwater, FL and still waiting. Adrian, if you could post (or PM if the info is too sensitive) your thoughts on Cycle Springs, I would greatly appreciate it. To my knowledge, this is the only Yamaha dealer in my area.

I did receive second hand info that Yamaha is expecting these supply chain problems to be cleared up by mid October. It does look like more boats are starting to be delivered. I'm not freaking out yet, because Oct suits my time line pretty well, but I understand there are many people up north that will not be able to get out on the water before the end of the season. I feel ya. I'm from PA originally.

JL