• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

603jetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
So far I’m noticing a common blue pattern…

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Blue 212XD - placed deposit November 2020. (River Valley Marine MN) My salesman indicated that he had already made all of the unpleasant calls to people who were impacted by orders cancelled by Yamaha and passed on that Yamaha still plans to deliver the rest. I have to believe that they are doing the best they can with all of the supply problems. Being optimistic takes a bit of extra energy, but I hope it pays off.

Best of luck to all of us still waiting! :cool:
I sorry. Maybe I wasn't clear. I had the same circumstance with my dealer 7-10 days ago. I 'passed' what was called the 'final' round of 2021 Yamaha cuts, and was told that my 2021 boat would 'for sure' be delivered. This recent contact - TODAY - is literally something new and just breaking. Yamaha told my dealer that contrary to their previous 'confirmation,' ALL remaining boats that do not currently have a ship date AND associated invoice are cancelled. Period. Full stop.

badarnell87

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sorry. Maybe I wasn't clear. I had the same circumstance with my dealer 7-10 days ago. I 'passed' what was called the 'final' round of 2021 Yamaha cuts, and was told that my 2021 boat would 'for sure' be delivered. This recent contact - TODAY - is literally something new and just breaking. Yamaha told my dealer that contrary to their previous 'confirmation,' ALL remaining boats that do not currently have a ship date AND associated invoice are cancelled. Period. Full stop.
Just spoke to Blackbeard Marine in OKC and Yamaha cut all remaining 27 2021 models they were waiting on.

CFosh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got the call this morn. The AR190 I purchased in August of 2020, that was committed 2 weeks ago at the notice of a cut in production, will not be delivered. disappointing to not be able to get the family out on the water this year is an understatement. I am looking for Yamaha to confirm that 1. We will be prioritized for next year and 2. They will honor the sales price agreed to for this year.

DerrekCurtis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Oasis
Boat Length
I wonder what the real issue is. How can they say 2weeks ago that all boats will be delivered to nope were done for the year. I would think the dealers would be furious I’m guess the total number of boats cut is the the hundreds that’s a lot of pissed off people

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FWIW. TBH I would think that Yamaha would want to deliver the boats. Supply chain issues abound everywhere and are always changing. Their suppliers give them updates, which in turn their PM/Product Managers make forecasts and decisions and project what they can deliver. If suppliers and parts change then deliveries change and what they can produce changes. This happens with all companies, so I am unclear as to why people take this as a surprise that this happens. Unprecedented times as well. I am sure there are disappointed people but nothing is a guarantee.

I do hope that they give those whom missed out on a boat a priority spot in the new model year. It would definitely bum me out too.

As far as discounts and honoring prices, I guess that all depends on what it is costing now to produce the boats. I doubt that will happen to any degree and nor should there be any entitlement assumed. I am sure there will be production issues for quite some time to come with supplies and the such, which will mean less boats and higher costs as supplies cost more as well.

Yamaha, as well as other companies whom had issues, I am sure were not INTENTIONALLY trying to screw people and doing the best they could with what they have/had. The supply chain will not magically correct itself next month for the new Model year, so this will be an ongoing theme.

JIT manufacturing is projecting, based on your supply chain and vendors of what you predict you can do in the coming weeks, months. When the downline parts and vendors, etc. change, then everything gets changed to new estimates and predications. It is always a fluid situation.

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Wow! Such a bummer. How does it go from "your boat just needs a windshield" to "your boat is cancelled"? What will they do with all these cut boats that were supposedly almost completed? We haven't heard anything from our dealer but my husband just sent him a message asking if he's heard anything about the remaining boats being cut. Losing hope though, sounds like lots of disappointed people right now....major bummer.

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm looking forward to getting my 2022 captain's chair, but I'll be that the hull looks a lot like a 2021...
(PS. How do we change our signature boat year from 2021 to 2022? Also, how do we get the "Deposit For 2022 Yamaha and still waiting?" blog started?)

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Please hear me out before throwing a chair at me.. And this is only my opinion, based on my experience and situation. I understand everyone has an opinion and a story.

I understand people are disappointed. I myself looked for a boat for 2 years before I was able to find one. I get it. It sucks. But don't you think that if Yamaha had the ability to deliver the ordered boats, they would? Yamaha is losing money hand over fist right now. Not to mention losing customers and future sales. Sucks for them too. Yeah they said orders were being filled, but shit happens. Things change. Like @HangOutdoors related to, supply chains are struggling right now. I know that as well. I work Supply Chain in Healthcare, and we are struggling bad. It is a lot harder to tell a doctor you don't have an item for a surgery case than it is to tell boat customers they are cut.

Everyone said Yamaha wasn't giving any information, well, now they are. It just isn't what those who are waiting want to hear. It had to be a difficult decision to cut orders. And dealers are middlemen. They only know what they are told. Liars? Some are, maybe. Others are just trying to help. They are suffering as well. They have mouths to feed at home just like we do. No boats equals no sale commission. They don't get paid based off of orders, only deliveries.

But remember, boats are a luxury item, not a necessity. For those who sold their boats to capitalize on the market and are now left without a boat, boating can't be that important to you or you would have waited for your new one to come in. Money must be more important than memories. I am not passing blame. I would love to make a few extra grand myself, but my dad always told me that you don't quit a job until you have another one. That stands true for a lot of things, not just jobs.

With all that said, we can only hope Yamaha does the right thing for each of the cut customers. I will personally post anything I find on boats for sale to help people out, but they go fast. I wish everyone got everything they wanted, but that's not reality.

Ok, now let the bashing begin.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Such a bummer. How does it go from "your boat just needs a windshield" to "your boat is cancelled"? What will they do with all these cut boats that were supposedly almost completed? We haven't heard anything from our dealer but my husband just sent him a message asking if he's heard anything about the remaining boats being cut. Losing hope though, sounds like lots of disappointed people right now....major bummer.
I have never seen anything that Yamaha indicated that they were just waiting on a window shield for a boat. That smells like what Dealer's where pumping out, or the waiting on 1 part sounds like dealer speak, conjecture, optimism or BS. A lot of that floating around on Facebook and such.

Hopefully the new Model Year will be announced around the first part of August, with models, colors and pricing. Hopefully over the next month they will be in a better position to project what they can do moving forward realistically.

@Yambers Totally agree with you.

ChrisF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gray AR190 deposit April (was 2nd in line)

Cmagg_

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Just talked to my dealer. He said that Yamaha told him they will be starting production on 22 in Mid July

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is about correct. But they won't release them or ship them till after they push out model specifications, colors and pricing to Dealers which is in August, could possibly sooner this year. All dealers will have the information at the same time, which is usually the Dealer Event, but not sure if that is going to occur this year. Also which models they will be working on are in question as well, they do runs of different models and lengths at different times.

Realistically, and I would love to be proven wrong, I would guess that the earliest boats will arrive at dealerships for delivery would be 2nd or 3rd week of August, but most likely not all models and in very limited quantities. That is assuming that the supply chains have enough parts, which apparently they don't right now.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully they will take back and return $ on all the stuff I had been buying the past few months along with my "deposit" to hold the boat.
That is the tough part. In order to get the things you wanted for your boat on order, even simple needs like covers and stuff, I am sure you and others have been ordering for months. Your deposit will absolutely be refundable. Can't see how they could keep it for non performance.

Cmagg_

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
That is about correct. But they won't release them or ship them till after they push out model specifications, colors and pricing to Dealers which is in August, could possibly sooner this year. All dealers will have the information at the same time, which is usually the Dealer Event, but not sure if that is going to occur this year. Also which models they will be working on are in question as well, they do runs of different models and lengths at different times.

Realistically, and I would love to be proven wrong, I would guess that the earliest boats will arrive at dealerships for delivery would be 2nd or 3rd week of August, but most likely not all models and in very limited quantities. That is assuming that the supply chains have enough parts, which apparently they don't right now.

Cmagg_

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I should of said about the colors and specs he did say that also haha

KTLEE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
We put our deposit for a 212XD Sapphire Mid December. We received an email from the dealer 4/6 that our boat finally had an estimated ship date of 4/14.. this date has been pushed out multiple times and currently has a ship date of 7/2. I followed up with the dealer today to confirm the ship date is still 7/2 and below is the response.

It still says confirmed 7/02. I would say that is going to change only 3 days away. It will read "at warehouse" not "confirmed" if a truck was scheduled for pickup. Maybe they will be done building on 7/02 then schedule pickup. We'll keep you posted.

Such a bummer

CFosh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FWIW. TBH I would think that Yamaha would want to deliver the boats. Supply chain issues abound everywhere and are always changing. Their suppliers give them updates, which in turn their PM/Product Managers make forecasts and decisions and project what they can deliver. If suppliers and parts change then deliveries change and what they can produce changes. This happens with all companies, so I am unclear as to why people take this as a surprise that this happens. Unprecedented times as well. I am sure there are disappointed people but nothing is a guarantee.

I do hope that they give those whom missed out on a boat a priority spot in the new model year. It would definitely bum me out too.

As far as discounts and honoring prices, I guess that all depends on what it is costing now to produce the boats. I doubt that will happen to any degree and nor should there be any entitlement assumed. I am sure there will be production issues for quite some time to come with supplies and the such, which will mean less boats and higher costs as supplies cost more as well.

Yamaha, as well as other companies whom had issues, I am sure were not INTENTIONALLY trying to screw people and doing the best they could with what they have/had. The supply chain will not magically correct itself next month for the new Model year, so this will be an ongoing theme.

JIT manufacturing is projecting, based on your supply chain and vendors of what you predict you can do in the coming weeks, months. When the downline parts and vendors, etc. change, then everything gets changed to new estimates and predications. It is always a fluid situation.
I do not envy my rep at Irwin Marine who had to make those calls today and deliver the bad news. Yes, he along with Yamaha are missing out on the sale of 4+ boats this year, and I don't place any of the blame on either really. I am entitled to be disappointed, and just hopeful they will make it right by the customer (seems to be more on the manufacturer than the dealer).

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I couldn't imagine what Dealerships and especially Salesman who feed their families on commissions are going through. Some dealers are cutting hours and laying off staff.

Yamaha didn't cause this, the dealers didn't cause this, suppliers didn't cause this. No one wanted to lose jobs, or close factories or not take care of their customers. Nobody screwed up and none of this could have been anticipated. No pandemic and boats sales would not have surged and we would have been chugging along with boat deals, boat sales and fulfilled orders. And to be quite honest, I wouldn't have bought in April of 2020 and most likely wouldn't still be looking at buying a boat yet. And most of the people whom put deposits on boats and just bought boats wouldn't have done the same either.

What I will say is that I totally Agree that communication was and still is poor from Yamaha and that from what I have seen and heard, some dealers stretch the truth and sell a lot of hope and promises.... That is what needs to change.

Last edited: